DBSTalk Forum banner

Nashvilla DMA (New Locals added)

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  T-Mac 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share with everyone that DirecTV has added two new HD locals today. PBS 22 is now local and HD and MyTV 30 is also local and HD!!!!

I've been waiting in the MyTV 30 HD channel for awhile!

#2 ·
VandyCWG said:
Just wanted to share with everyone that DirecTV has added two new HD locals today. PBS 22 is now local and HD and MyTV 30 is also local and HD!!!!

I've been waiting in the MyTV 30 HD channel for awhile!
PBS 22 (out of Cookeville) has been HD for awhile, but boy am I glad channel 30 is HD finally, just in time for SEC football. :)

I had emailed station engineering late last year about their HD transmission and was told "second half of 2012." Looks like it's right on schedule. There has actually been a placeholder in TEST mode for probably 2 years or more.

#3 ·
"LameLefty" said:
PBS 22 (out of Cookeville) has been HD for awhile, but boy am I glad channel 30 is HD finally, just in time for SEC football. :)

I had emailed station engineering late last year about their HD transmission and was told "second half of 2012." Looks like it's right on schedule. There has actually been a placeholder in TEST mode for probably 2 years or more.
I never knew 22 was HD. I am just excited about 30 in HD. SEC Football looks horrible in SD

#4 ·
VandyCWG said:
I am just excited about 30 in HD. SEC Football looks horrible in SD
Me too! It's 720p of course, since the station is owned by the parent company that also owns channel 17, the Fox affiliate, and they share broadcast facilities, but it will look SO MUCH better on Saturdays for those SEC games that aren't carried by CBS or ESPN. Heck, even the upconverted SEINFELD running right now looks a million percent better! :lol:

#9 ·
LameLefty said:
OT and apropos of nothing, I detect a distinct odor of acorns in this thread. How many of us are Vandy grads? :grin:
Not a Vandy Grad(UT-K)myself but my daughter Graduated from Vandy and looks like her daughter(my granddaughter) is likely headed there in Fall 2014 if nothing changes.

Rough adjustment on old dad :lol:at first but I appreciate the first class education my daughter received there and hope my granddaughter sees fit to follow in her footsteps.

#11 ·
LameLefty said:
I was a UTK undergrad. I have a graduate degree from Vandy. Good luck to your granddaughter!
Appreciate the well wishes.

I've always loved Making the trip over to Nashville. Been making it for years.

Even learned to pull for Vandy in non UT games.

Now back to the topic of the thread, glad to see any and all LiL markets add HD.

#12 ·
"LameLefty" said:
OT and apropos of nothing, I detect a distinct odor of acorns in this thread. How many of us are Vandy grads? :grin:
Not a Vandy grad.....I worked as the police there many years ago, but I had been a fan for many many years!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.