DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard that a New Jersey fan held up a sign last night, which read, "Someone please stab Paul Pierce again?" This after a game in which some Boston fans gave Jason Kidd's family a hard time.

Some people just need to get a life, cause basketball is not that serious!

· Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
Thats the problem with the East Coast... They are just way to involved with their professional sports teams. Don't get me wrong, I love sports, East Coasters show the same kind of passion that is usually reserved for College sports. I just don't understand it. Maybe its the Californian in me, but I enjoy a quite Laker game over the idiots that are at the Fleet Center or MSG... I would rather leave a game early to beat traffic rather than wait until the end of the game and fight with all the other cars.

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KIDD may have to deal with it - BUT his 3 year old son who goes to almost every one of his dad's games has a right NOT to have to deal with malicious ABUSE .......

and there is NO justification for that - no matter how much people want to attack his dad - then go ahead - attack his dad - BUT not a HELPLESS 3 year old CHILD!! You can try to justify those drunken fans all you want - BUT there is no justification for their malicious demeanor thrust upon a boy and his mother. The kettle thingy comes to mind....

What sanctimonious TWITS to think they are better than Jason - when they do the same thing Jason did - BUT - to his 3 YEAR OLD CHILD!

Since Jason was wrong - how can they be right???????????

I think both fans (the Celtic fans that taunted Kidd and the NJ fans that held the sign) were wrong and out of line. But, i can't believe anyone would ever hold up a sign like that. It is just wrong in every way. I don't care if it was payback for what the Boston fans did to Kidd or if the Nets fan didn't seriously mean it, whoever made that sign and held it up is a bad person.
:nono:

· Icon
715 Posts
Originally posted by James_F
Thats the problem with the East Coast... They are just way to involved with their professional sports teams. Don't get me wrong, I love sports, East Coasters show the same kind of passion that is usually reserved for College sports. I just don't understand it. Maybe its the Californian in me, but I enjoy a quite Laker game over the idiots that are at the Fleet Center or MSG... I would rather leave a game early to beat traffic rather than wait until the end of the game and fight with all the other cars.
:D I agree with most of this statement as that is the Californian in me. :) If you ever attend a Dodgers game then you have to leave early especially if it's a sellout against the D'backs or Giants. If you're arena is downtown and you just have parking garages for parking like for the BOB or AWA then you need to leave early. Angels games have pretty good traffic flow, but I rarely leave early from an Angels game unless it's opening night against the Indians and you're team is playing lousy or you are up 16-0 after 7 innings. If it's a close game then why leave early? You pay for the ticket or something inside the ballpark most likely, so why waste your money? I couldn't believe how many people left the Angels game last Saturday in extra innings. I stayed for all 13 innings even if I had to talk my friends into it.

West coast fans especially for the Angels wait for the action to occur first and then they get excited. Maybe it's the "rally monkey"? :) When you go to a Red Sox or Yankees game at the Big A then it's just totally nuts! Yankee fans clap when Mariano comes in for the 9th inning. As for the sign issue, you can't bring in signs like that on the West coast areans especially at Staples or AWA as I've seen those being taken away before. Perhaps signs like that shouldn't be allowed in the east coast arenas/stadiums? I heard Mike and PJ say on the backhaul last night that Jason's wife and kid stayed home and watched the game at home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.