Game 6*: Monday June 17 @ Los Angeles 9:00 p.m. EST
TV: NBC

Game 7*: Wednesday June 19 @ Los Angeles 9:00 p.m. EST
TV: NBC

*--If necessary

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's amazing that the Nets hung in there with the free throw attempts so out of whack! 45 for LA and 26 for the nets???

More interesting than I thought, as the Nets outscored the Lakers in 3 of the 4 quarters. Hmm.

The Lakers couldn't have have played a more worse half than the second half. They were outplayed throughout the second half, and it is very annoying to watch a team play SATISFIED! The Nets were ATROCIOUS from the line, but they are an inexperienced team. So, nerves might have had something to do with it.

I never felt that the Lakers were in any danger, because you can't be the Nets trying to catch up to the world champions on their homecourt on this stage. However, a win is a win at this point in the season. I think I will appreciate it, when the team goes on the road. They certainly play better.

· Founder
17,247 Posts
I knew this was going to happen. The Kings was the only team that had a chance to take them down. As far as I'm concerned, the season is over. It's too bad. A Kings vs Nets series would have been really great both for the sponsors, the teams and the NBA.

Any bets on whether or not the fans in LA will tear up the city after the last game?

· Icon
715 Posts
I sure hope the fans don't tear up the city! They didn't do too much last year after the 1st year where the newsvan was put on fire and the police car was overturned. That's where Shaq bought a new one. I'd rather see them win it on the road, but the trend now is to watch the game at the home arena when the home team is on the road, so there will be a crowd at Staples. Just police it up and hopefully everything will be fine.

East stinks! That's why the Kings/Lakers series was the championship. Lakers shouldn't have any trouble with the way they have been seeing the play against Shaq and the lack of double-teaming. Lakers now in 5 games.

· Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
Great win. Nothing like the Lakers beating up on another team. If they can just get a replacement for Derek Fisher, I see them winning a 4th. (Well also Shaq, needs to get over his toe injury)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.