DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Mentor
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been reported on multiple fronts, but the NBA League Pass cost has been slashed for the 2022-23 season.

The base package, which includes access via one device, cost $99.99 for the season. The premium tier, which includes access via two devices and no commercials (Breaks are filled with in-stadium cameras, halftime entertainment, etc.) is $129.99 for the season.

As someone who has subscribed to NBALP for the past several seasons, if you're a big fan of the Association, or someone who frequently dabbles in sports betting during the NBA season, it's almost a no-brainer at this point.

Reactions: sd72667 and dtv757

· Icon
3,611 Posts
also got an email from DirecTV stating the price this season is $99 !

· Icon
3,611 Posts
yupp same for MLB EI

if i were to guess the only 2 leagues that that purchasing from D* doesn't include streaming are (NHL and MLS ) NHL is now on Disney/ESPN+ and MLS i think went to apple ...

again just guessing

but currently the other big 3 (mens sports leagues ) include streaming ..

I wish we had a WNBA LP on DirecTV

• Haha
Reactions: AngryManMLS

· Registered
834 Posts
if i were to guess the only 2 leagues that that purchasing from D* doesn't include streaming are (NHL and MLS ) NHL is now on Disney/ESPN+ and MLS i think went to apple ...

again just guessing

MLS doesn't go to Apple until 2023. Just guessing your DOCSIS prevented you from Google searching for that info.

· Icon
3,611 Posts
Not really a soccer fan so I didn't know lol

• Haha
Reactions: AngryManMLS

· Icon
3,611 Posts
But yea the issue you described above prevented me from watching a lot of Wnba games ... I have sports pack I should have been able to watch skyler Diggins-Smith and PHX on ballys sports AZ ...

At least sky games were on marque so I was able to see Candice Parker all season (also saw her play live)

Some but not all mystics games were on Monumental sports ... had to watch one game on the small screen ( my phone smh)

I wish we had a WNBA LP ON D*

Went to 3 live Wnba games this season can't wait for next year!

· Mentor
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The NBA says that it has done some work to the NBA app this season to reduce latency while streaming via the NBA app. The majority of game feeds will broadcast in 1080p at launch of the new season. There should be more expanded use of the "NBA Crunch Time" broadcasts, which were debuted sparingly last season, similar to the Red Zone whiparound coverage.

· Icon
3,611 Posts
Cool I only watched a few times on the app

Loved the NBA mix channel

Will this NBA crunch time be on D*?

· Icon
3,611 Posts
That’s on D*, correct? Does the app allow you to do multi-game view?
Correct ch 750 if I remember correctly

Not sure about the app didn't use it much mabye like 3 times all season.

Its just like MLB game mix , sometimes they show 4 games sometimes 6 sometimes 8 . Depends on how many live games are playing .

Reactions: TheRatPatrol

· Icon
3,611 Posts
O yea did I mention LA Lakers and Nuggets homes games are available in 4K on NBA LP VIA DirecTV

Also select random NBA TV games are also in 4K

· Icon
3,611 Posts
called and got HALF off NBA LP so only $50 for me (2nd year in a row getting half off !

· Mentor
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can some one answer my question from earlier ,

if you subscribe by directv , can you access games to go on the nba app?
I think you can. There's a thread in the Directv forum where those that subscribe might be able to best answer that question.

· Registered
2 Posts
Can some one answer my question from earlier ,

if you subscribe by directv , can you access games to go on the nba app?
Yes you can. There's a place on the NBA app to provide the credentials for your TV Provider and after you log in and it verifies that you're subscribed to League Pass then you can watch games on the app.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts