DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When watching NBC HD, has anyone else noticed that ocassionally the picture goes blurry for a few seconds and then gets sharp again? I've noticed it on both sat and OTA but as I watch Sunday Night Football tonight for the first time on OTA, it seems to be happening far more often. It is not glitchy at all, it just goes blurry for about 2 seconds, then sharpens up again. When watching previously on MPEG4 locals, I only noticed it a few times during the pre-game show. Tonight on OTA, I've noticed it in the pre-game and intermittently throughout the game.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
1Indy79 said:
When watching NBC HD, has anyone else noticed that ocassionally the picture goes blurry for a few seconds and then gets sharp again? I've noticed it on both sat and OTA but as I watch Sunday Night Football tonight for the first time on OTA, it seems to be happening far more often. It is not glitchy at all, it just goes blurry for about 2 seconds, then sharpens up again. When watching previously on MPEG4 locals, I only noticed it a few times during the pre-game show. Tonight on OTA, I've noticed it in the pre-game and intermittently throughout the game.
Yes, it does happen occasionally both on my Sammy OTA and the HR20...it's obviously a network thing...overall however, the pix is GREAT!!!

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hasan said:
Yes, it does happen occasionally both on my Sammy OTA and the HR20...it's obviously a network thing...overall however, the pix is GREAT!!!
I agree.....when it's not blurry, the picture is excellent. I'm just wondering if it is something that might be worse over OTA than through MPEG4 or is it just a coincidence that it is worse tonight than usual.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
1Indy79 said:
I agree.....when it's not blurry, the picture is excellent. I'm just wondering if it is something that might be worse over OTA than through MPEG4 or is it just a coincidence that it is worse tonight than usual.
It can't be worse of OTA....the source for MPEG-4 is OTA!

If the problem is at the network (and it obviously is), then it will show up both on MPEG-4/HD-Locals and OTA-HD.

I'm watching Chargers/Chiefs on NBC and it is gorgeous! (I'm recording it too, so I can play with the HR20 later...maybe I can break it:D

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hasan said:
It can't be worse of OTA....the source for MPEG-4 is OTA!

If the problem is at the network (and it obviously is), then it will show up both on MPEG-4/HD-Locals and OTA-HD.

I'm watching Chargers/Chiefs on NBC and it is gorgeous! (I'm recording it too, so I can play with the HR20 later...maybe I can break it:D
Hasan, are you noticing the occasional bluriness tonight?.....and does it seem more than normal? (maybe it's just me)

BTW, thanks for all of your input here. Your posts are always very objective and articulate.

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
I noticed it also, but the good thing is I am watching it on cable. So it is a network issue. It seems as if it is switching between SD and HD, for the screen will go black for a moment then switch.

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
FyReo3 said:
I noticed it also, but the good thing is I am watching it on cable. So it is a network issue. It seems as if it is switching between SD and HD, for the screen will go black for a moment then switch.
This is exactly what is going on. What they are doing if fading from SD wide screen to HD thus the blur. I believe it has something to do with the graphics they put on the screen. It's probably the easiest and cheapest way until HD is the standard. I have noticed other networks doing this as well. It's Very noticeable when going from a commercial back to live feed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.