DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

3 Posts
tbackus said:
Anyone have problems recording The Office or My Name is Earl? Mine give me a black screen and I'm not able to FF or Rewind.... nothing.
Must be something odd going on, my Scrubs is stuck in Pillar Box right now and the sound is dropping out occasionally (though that may be due to the rain were experiencing right now).

Josejose50

· Godfather
261 Posts
tbackus said:
Anyone have problems recording The Office or My Name is Earl? Mine give me a black screen and I'm not able to FF or Rewind.... nothing.
Sounds like you got hit by the Black Screen Bug. This is a bug that has been going around affecting Many users. If it happens again you might want to reformat your HR20.

· Legend
116 Posts
Did anyone see the weird stuff going on at the beginning of My Name is Earl?

It looked to me like NBC messed something up. Maybe it was just my local affiliate though, WTHR Indianapolis. They were flashing in and out of some promo material. They showed what looked like a promo template. Complete with fonts such as "Helvetica 32pt" in places where names of shows should be.

It was really strange. Earl wasn't in HD here either. I'm not sure what was going on.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
This season is supposed to be.
Supposed to be... but it isn't. Confirmed by several people across several sites.

· Legend
175 Posts
SFS97 said:
Scrubs is not HD..
Scrubs was HD on my TV, but I was watching NBC on OTA and had no problems with any of the NBC shows tonight.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
Recorded fine on my machine, too.

· AllStar
62 Posts
tbackus said:
Same problem here tonight. Black screen for both. Displays prompt to keep or delete immediately. Really pisses me off because I wanted to watch this episode of the Office.

· Godfather
284 Posts
My Name Is Earl was ok for the first third or so, then was flaking out big time. Major video/audio break ups the rest of the show. And the Office had the same problem. I didn't even bother trying to watch the whole show of the Office, I'll watch it on the R10. The Office started off with a gray screen. FFWD 3x a few seconds got it going (but after the 2nd or 3rd time I had to do that to get it going again in the show, I gave up and deleted it).

· DBSTalk Club Member
23 Posts
I haven't watched Earl yet, but The Office recorded fine for me with the lone exception of a minor blip (audio dropout and pixelization for maybe a second) right at the beginning. I recorded it from the HD Satellite feed.

Maybe it would it help to know if those that had problems and those that didn't were recording via OTA or via the satellite. Just a thought.

- Shemp

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.