DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As usual, NCIS doesn't disappoint.

I thought the reasoning for breaking the team apart was a nice little twist.

I knew the girl was dirty...I think Vance is her cohort in crime.... And I think Gibbs knows.

And I think Ziva looked damn fine in that dress in the opening scene. So glad she's back!

· Legend
104 Posts
NCIS was great.

You are right on about Ziva... WOW!

· Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As they were panning up to start the show, it took just a second and I told my wife "That's Ziva".

When they got to her face and it actually was Ziva, she shot me a look like "How in the world did you know that".

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Great episode. It was good to finally be able to hear Cote de Pablo sing. A most talented actor/performer. She was in the stage version of Mambo Kings and is reportedly signing on two tracks of Roberto Pitre's CD Vivo En Vida.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
I'm glad it's back, but didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked. I don't care that the meek lawyer turned out to be the traitor, but it felt completely wrong that the meek lawyer would ever have been promoted to Gibbs' team in the first place. Yes, I know Vance arranged it because he had suspicions about the tree new team members, but how did Gibbs not question in six months that he was saddled with such an inexperienced and unqualified field agent?

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Drew2k said:
I'm glad it's back, but didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked. I don't care that the meek lawyer turned out to be the traitor, but it felt completely wrong that the meek lawyer would ever have been promoted to Gibbs' team in the first place. Yes, I know Vance arranged it because he had suspicions about the tree new team members, but how did Gibbs not question in six months that he was saddled with such an inexperienced and unqualified field agent?
I just assumed he thought he was being pushed out and that Vance was expecting him to resign/retire/

· Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drew2k said:
I got the impression that Gibbs felt he was being "punished". Vance didnt' like that the team kept him "out of the loop" during things with Jenny. They've been known to cover for Gibbs when he's in one of his cavalier 'above the law' moods.

I got the impression that Gibbs felt the "B Team" was a direct result of how he handled Jenny's death - and finding Jenny's killers, etc...

And it was 4 months. 126 days to be precise. :p

I, too, didn't feel anything when I found out that the girl was actually a traitor. It didn't surprise me. It didn't make me angry.... nothing. The text message did intrigue me though. Who is her partner?

Director Vance? I tend to think not. I think the writers are purposefully casting suspicions his way, but, I think that it'll probably be a twist we don't expect... the director seems too obvious a choice to me.

Palmer? The way he looked at her at the trailer park makes me think he's not.... It seemed like he had some unrequited love in that scene... but then I had a tiny nagging doubt about him when he was being questioned in autopsy. We know they were an item, and almost got caught... but were they really meeting in the building next door for guilty pleasures? This would be the kind of twist I've come to expect out of this show. Something out of left field that we'll all look back on and say "Ooooh.. look at the clues they left us! How did we miss that one".

And... Gibbs comment to the lawyer girl when she got the text "It could be important". Was that another Gibbs knows everything moment? Or was it as benign a comment as it seems at face value?

I agree with you, Drew, this episode could have been better. But it was so nice to have NCIS back. And to get the team 'mostly' back together was really nice. I think this lays the groundwork for a really good season of NCIS.

· Hall Of Fame
2,136 Posts
I knew they'd be pulling the team back together somehow and this was a decent start. I'm sure tony will some how end up back with the team after the next episode too.

It was kinda interesting how they had time progress at real time so to speak with the series being off for the summer.

I knew it was gonna be the lawyer even after the alibi. I wasn't really sure why but I just felt it. In retrospect her remembering the call so specifically after 3 months seems off for a couple short calls with an anon person. I also never really got why her and jimmy where a thing either. His comment that he broke up with her because he felt he was being used really seems insightful now even if he didn't know why.

Personally I expect her to be an agent of an enemy like North Korea or China. Much like Ziva is. Some how I just expect to see her and Ziva throw down so to speak and find out she not nearly the clumsy inept lawyer she seems to be.

My wife made the same remark about Gibbs comment. Was it another Gibbs knows all moment or just an off hand remark. Is he trying to find out who she's working for or does he really not suspect anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.