DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new customer probably going through AAA for discounts. I have 6 TV's that need to have DTV, I presently have comcast cable for all 3 services (cable, internet & phone-which we want to get rid of) . We have 6 people living in the house watching TV at different times. My question is which one should I get. I don't like paying the upfront cost, but do you think I will need the extra DVR box. Thanks for your help.
1 DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR $199.00

3 DIRECTV® HD Receiver $297.00

2 DIRECTV® Standard Receiver $0.00

1 Cinema Connection Kit $0.00

1 DIRECTV® Slimline Dish $0.00

3 Instant Rebate -$297.00

1 Instant Rebate -$199.00
Equipment Total $0.00
0r
1 DIRECTV® HMC HD DVR $399.00

1 DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR $199.00

2 DIRECTV® HD Receiver $198.00

2 DIRECTV® Standard Receiver $0.00

1 DIRECTV® Slimline Dish $0.00

1 Cinema Connection Kit $0.00

2 Instant Rebate -$198.00

1 Instant Rebate -$100.00

1 Instant Rebate -$300.00
Equipment Total $198.00

·
Hall Of Fame
1,622 Posts
Option 2. I love my HR34 and having the ability to have up to 5 recordings going at once will do you loads of good! The upfront fees will be well worth it! Yeah nobody likes them but it is a much better option for you.

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok sounds good, then option #2 it is.

Is there anything else I missing or to make sure it's hook up better one way or the other when they come.

Thanks again for your help, I so glad I found this forum.

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
santadawg said:
Is there anything else I missing or to make sure it's hook up better one way or the other when they come.
Maybe. Be aware the SD receivers do not share in the whole-home operation. The only thing they will be able to do is watch SD channels at the local tv they are connected to (live, with no pause, etc.). If you want whole-home/MRV, then you need HD receivers at those locations.

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was think of that too, but the two SD receivers will be in bedrooms and only be used once in a while. Also it would cost another $200. If I could get them free with the package I would.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.