DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have only one line into my HR21 from the dish through a WB66. I am trying to find a way to be able use both turner but without drilling another hole into the external wall. I understand my HR21 is SWM enable. Do I just need to buy a SWM (with PI or no PI)? and how should I connect it?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
dreamyip said:
I currently have only one line into my HR21 from the dish through a WB66. I am trying to find a way to be able use both turner but without drilling another hole into the external wall. I understand my HR21 is SWM enable. Do I just need to buy a SWM (with PI or no PI)? and how should I connect it?
SWM w/ PI. Others here can tell you how you would need to connect it.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
SWMLine dish or SWM8 and a power inserter. Then one cable will work both tuners.
Since you have a WB68, what are the other receivers?
They all need to be SWM compatible, or the SWMLine won't work, but the SWM8 may if they're less than three [non SWM] tuners.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
From your sig...
You have 4 tuners total and all are SWM capable..
just replace the WB68 with swm and splitter.. put PI either between splitter and SWM or run the powerpass line to PI at that reciever..

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all... I will need a splitter only for my H21s since HR21 turner one is SWM (marked in the back). Is this a correct statment?

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
dreamyip said:
Thanks all... I will need a splitter only for my H21s since HR21 turner one is SWM capable. Is this a correct statment?
The splitter will goto sat1 input of each reciever.. you don't have to hook up sat2 at all.. DVRs will work in 2 tuner mode with 1 line attached...

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.