DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 Dual tuner and 1 single tuner receiver in my house that control 3 different tv's. Lets call them A,B, and C. TVA has the dual tuner box and also controls TVB. TVC has its own box. I want to move the single box to TVB and have the dual tuner control TVA and TVC. Can someone help me to know what cables to switch around?

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
Not that easy, lnb coax to tvc has to be redirected to tvb. Output from dual tuner receiver to tvb has to be redirected to tvc. If you have ota, that coax would need to be redirected as well. Cables from receivers to tv's depend on what receivers (sd or HD) and what type of tv's they are. Need more info than what you gave.

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tvA is HD
tvB is SD
tvC is HD
Do not know if I have OTA or not. Best I can tell there is only one coax cable going into each tv area and there are none running from TVA to TVB. Would that mean I have OTA?

· Hall Of Fame
7,510 Posts
It depends on what Dish receivers / DVRs you have. If you really want HD on TV A and TV C - those 2 receivers would each need an HD capable output. TV B would actually be your best bet as TV2 on the Dual tuner receiver, since it is only SD.

That is my opinion - take how you will...

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
If current tva is HD and tvb is sd, there has to be a coax run from receiver a to the tvb in order to have programing viewable on the tv. OTA is Over the Air, channels may be listed in guide with yellow coloring.

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so I need to have 2 cables entering house from satellite. One coax will go to tvA and the other to tvB (both of these will carry HD). Then I would need to have a coax line running from tvA (my dual receiver) to tvC where I would receive the SD signal. Sound right?

· Hall Of Fame
3,189 Posts
pharmacist25 said:
so I need to have 2 cables entering house from satellite. One coax will go to tvA and the other to tvB (both of these will carry HD). Then I would need to have a coax line running from tvA (my dual receiver) to tvC where I would receive the SD signal. Sound right?
Exactly right. Your single tuner needs to be an HD tuner for TVB to get HD. The satellite feed to the single tuner needs to be rerouted to the new location of the single tuner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.