DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Godfather
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two fairly recent series, Lost Girl on SyFy, and the L.A. Complex on the CW have started airing this year and available on our local cw station. I've set series links for both but the dvrs are not picking them up. These are the only series I'm having an issue with. My suspicion is that both series actually premiered prior to this year but have just become available here. I believe both are Canadian productions that aired there last year. I'm assuming something in the guide is not identifying these as new episodes and also not as repeats - I've set the dvr to record both but it still doesn't get them.

I've now set a manual record for their time periods but that's not optimal. Is there another way to do this?

·
Godfather
832 Posts
pappasbike said:
Two fairly recent series, Lost Girl on SyFy, and the L.A. Complex on the CW have started airing this year and available on our local cw station. I've set series links for both but the dvrs are not picking them up. These are the only series I'm having an issue with. My suspicion is that both series actually premiered prior to this year but have just become available here. I believe both are Canadian productions that aired there last year. I'm assuming something in the guide is not identifying these as new episodes and also not as repeats - I've set the dvr to record both but it still doesn't get them.

I've now set a manual record for their time periods but that's not optimal. Is there another way to do this?
Instead of first runs change the series link to both.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hello papasbike,

One thing I have tried is to click on the Record Once choice after a SL does not seem to work and then it shows up in the playlist with the 3 circles of a SL and not the on circle of a record once. I try things that are not completely logical but the results sometime surprise me. See if this works. Good luck and if this doesn't work then I hope that someone will give you the correct solution.

·
Godfather
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I've tried that. It picks it up with the multi-circle icon because it recognizes that you have set a series record for it. However it will then only record that episode, the later ones get missed. Again it's only those two series out of the 40 I'm following that do that. With Lost Girl the guide info was showing the episodes that are currently airing to have first aired last year or even in 2010, but for some reason it doesn't indicate it as first run or repeat. The same with LA Complex, the episodes are showing as first aired in January. It first aired in Canada now here in the US. I'm certain it's something about the info in the guide listing that's confusing the dvr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.