DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I'm trying to help out my parents from 600 miles away! They have an H20-600 and just got around to getting the Slimline-5 dish. The dish install does not have line of sight to 110 or 199, and this was known and accepted, since there is no programming coming from those birds in their market (Atlanta). But there is a small issue with the guide data, which the SL5 dish tries to find on 119.

I'm told that one solution is to set up a daily manual timer (Autotune) to a channel on 101. But I need some really explicit, step-by-step instructions to pass along to them on how to do this. I tried to help them do this over the phone (in the blind), but since I'm not familiar with Directv equipment, I had no success :rolleyes:

Can someone please list the steps to set up a manual, everyday timer, say from 3am to 5 am? Starting with pressing the Menu button...

Much thanks in advance!!

· Registered
8,035 Posts
Going off memory here, so I may not be %100 correct.

Anyway, I think the easiest way would be to do it through the guide.

Find a program on a SD channel from the 101 sat. ESPN Classic on 208 would be a good one if part of their package. NASA on 283 would be another good one.

Have them hit the record button from the remote. That should set up an autotune. From there though, I'm not sure what they would need to do to set a recurring autotune.

· Icon
677 Posts
Sorry Robert, but that may work for an HR2X receiver, but for an H20 it's a little different....

Hit the LIST Button

Left arrow to highlight left side menu.

Arrow down to manual, hit enter

Hit left arrow again to highlight "Autotune"

Hit Enter, this allows you to select Once or Recurring

Down arrow to "Select Channel", hit Enter, up/down arrow to channel, then hit enter.

Down arrow to "When". Hit enter to select Today/Every (Day of the week), then hit enter.

Down arrow to "start time". Hit enter, select hour/minute/am/pm, hit enter

Down arrow to "duration". Hit enter, select duration - hours/minutes, then hit enter.

Right arrow to "autotune", then hit enter.

That's it....

· Registered
8,035 Posts
SledDog said:
Sorry Robert, but that may work for an HR2X receiver, but for an H20 it's a little different....

Hit the LIST Button

Left arrow to highlight left side menu.

Arrow down to manual, hit enter

Hit left arrow again to highlight "Autotune"

Hit Enter, this allows you to select Once or Recurring

Down arrow to "Select Channel", hit Enter, up/down arrow to channel, then hit enter.

Down arrow to "When". Hit enter to select Today/Every (Day of the week), then hit enter.

Down arrow to "start time". Hit enter, select hour/minute/am/pm, hit enter

Down arrow to "duration". Hit enter, select duration - hours/minutes, then hit enter.

Right arrow to "autotune", then hit enter.

That's it....
You can still set one with the record button. Was fuzzy on the rest of the steps. Haven't had a non-dvr in my house in ages.

· Icon
677 Posts
RobertE said:
You can still set one with the record button. Was fuzzy on the rest of the steps. Haven't had a non-dvr in my house in ages.
I tried it using the record button. Doesn't work. Mash the record button on the remote and all you get is the sound effect for a button that does nothing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.