DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kenwood VR-507 receiver and I am trying to get the HR-22 remote to work with it. The most commonly used code from the DirecTV website will turn the unit on and off, but will not adjust the volume on the unit.

Does anyone have a code that will work? If not, can someone recommend a good cheap universal remote that will work with this thing?

Andy

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
apastuszak said:
I have a Kenwood VR-507 receiver and I am trying to get the HR-22 remote to work with it. The most commonly used code from the DirecTV website will turn the unit on and off, but will not adjust the volume on the unit.

Does anyone have a code that will work? If not, can someone recommend a good cheap universal remote that will work with this thing?

Andy
The volume keys NEVER work initially with ANY audio code, reason? The volume keys won't wok at all without a TV code programmed to the TV device, once there is a TV code then its volume is now the way. To remedy that:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edmund said:
The volume keys NEVER work initially with ANY audio code, reason? The volume keys won't wok at all without a TV code programmed to the TV device, once there is a TV code then its volume is now the way. To remedy that:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN
Good to know! Now I don't have to buy a universal remote!

I kinda like the Direct TV remote. I liked the Tivo remote better, but this one is still pretty good. The RF is real nice.

Andy

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Edmund said:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN
Now if I can get the rest of the receiver functions working with this remote.

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.