DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Godfather/Supporter
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed another dish few months ago, and I'm ecountering one problem. Every thing went fine, got the channels I needed, but the only problem is that I have few channels doubled. For example few locals and HBOs, etc. I think the problem is in cables because I used img18 for my second dish. Do you know the difference in img18 and Rg6?

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
How long has this been going on?

Have you tried doing a Check Switch on your receiver?

I dont know what img18 cable is, but I can say if your getting good signal it would have nothing to do with getting duplicate channels.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Well, the cable is either RG6 or RG59, but that doesn't matter. It has nothing at all to do with your cable. In fact, I don't think you have a problem at all...

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
I get duplicates of my locals too, but there's actually nothing wrong with it. I get my New York locals in the 240's and then again in the 8000's. It's been that way since January 1st when Dish added the must-carry. Is that similar to what you're experiencing?

·
Godfather/Supporter
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not like that, it's like this: channel 305 same as 307.
I tried everything; check switch, changed my sw-21 switch, etc.
Everything shows up ok, but i have duplicate channels. This is going on since I installed second dish. Now I started to think that this is because of the cables. Oh forgot onething, when i connect just the dish500, all channels are there.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
It's not the cables. That's a switch problem. Somehoe it's not switching right. Check your voltage (okay, I lied - it could be the cables:) ) but that's unlikely. Try another Twin (it sounds like you have a Twin (two dual LNBFs and SW42 integrated in one package)?) on your 500.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.