DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have information on when DirecTV runs their "freeviews" on PPV or premiums?? My friend said he saw the 2006 movie Unlocked last week on a free preview on PPV, and last month had free preview on HBO for 3 days? I couldn't find any information on DirecTV's website about when they run these promos. :confused:

· Registered
4,296 Posts
you will usually find that information posted here when they run a "freeview weekend, usually for Showtime, HBO and Starz... at separate times...

I have never seen a free PPV

· Registered
16,423 Posts
barracudacx2 said:
Does anyone have information on when DirecTV runs their "freeviews" on PPV or premiums?? My friend said he saw the 2006 movie Unlocked last week on a free preview on PPV, and last month had free preview on HBO for 3 days? I couldn't find any information on DirecTV's website about when they run these promos. :confused:
There are plenty of free movies on DOD.

· Godfather
325 Posts
LarryFlowers said:
I have never seen a free PPV
I have. :D I can only assume that it was a mistake, but I've seen replays of UFC/WWE in the clear a few times. (Once it stayed like that for a couple days.) Also, another time, all the PPV movies that started at a specific time were turned on and weren't shut off until their half-way points (when you can no longer buy it anymore). That didn't include any channels 590-599, but it did show some lame Springer show in the 586-589 range. If your friend saw free PPV, it was probably either free DOD or a mistake.

· Legend
185 Posts
tftc22 said:
I have. :D I can only assume that it was a mistake, but I've seen replays of UFC/WWE in the clear a few times. (Once it stayed like that for a couple days.) Also, another time, all the PPV movies that started at a specific time were turned on and weren't shut off until their half-way points (when you can no longer buy it anymore). That didn't include any channels 590-599, but it did show some lame Springer show in the 586-589 range. If your friend saw free PPV, it was probably either free DOD or a mistake.
When they had SpiceHD it was free several times. I assume the errors were a result of the channel only being active for a few hours per night, when they activated the channel they must not have always properly set it to be a pay channel. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.