DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legend
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent an hour and a half last night trying desperately to force the latest download to my HR20 with absolutely no luck.

I did a red-button reset......unplugged the unit......even went as far as resetting everyhting in the GUI......nada....zilch.

This tells me that I'm not doing something right.

Here is what I did:

1 - Red-button reset.
2 - screen goes black for a few seconds.
3 - screen comes back up and says it's looking at satellite data.....no welcome screen.
4 - I do the 02468 magical code to no avail.
5 - After some time it begins to acquire data from satellite and pops back to the way it was.

HELP!!! I am so frustrated.:mad:

I missed this window and will probably now have to wait, but can someone give me step by step instructions for future use? How to force a download for dummies like me is fine.

Thanks much.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Hmmm. Strange that you had black in instead of "Hello" which is when you would have wanted to enter the code.

Delay in the HDMI handshake maybe? Were you using HDMI? Weird one.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
561 Posts
Canis Lupus said:
Hmmm. Strange that you had black in instead of "Hello" which is when you would have wanted to enter the code.

Delay in the HDMI handshake maybe? Were you using HDMI? Weird one.
Sometimes I don't see the welcome screen for very long, instead a black screen. When I cycle the HR20, the tv looses the signal and switches modes to "unreadable signal", then when the HR20 powers back up, it takes it a bit to show the welcome screen. This is with component cables (i choose to NOT use HDMI at this time, might start with some of the issues now fixed, but Component looks great)

But, I can always still see the screen, and have had time to type in the code. Maybe your TV is taking an extra long time, or it's as Canis Lupis said and it's a slow HDMI handshake?

·
DBSTalk Club Member
96 Posts
cawgijoe said:
I spent an hour and a half last night trying desperately to force the latest download to my HR20 with absolutely no luck.

I did a red-button reset......unplugged the unit......even went as far as resetting everyhting in the GUI......nada....zilch.

This tells me that I'm not doing something right.

Here is what I did:

1 - Red-button reset.
2 - screen goes black for a few seconds.
3 - screen comes back up and says it's looking at satellite data.....no welcome screen.
4 - I do the 02468 magical code to no avail.
5 - After some time it begins to acquire data from satellite and pops back to the way it was.

HELP!!! I am so frustrated.:mad:

I missed this window and will probably now have to wait, but can someone give me step by step instructions for future use? How to force a download for dummies like me is fine.

Thanks much.
If your tv takes time to display the video you probably miss the hello(welcome) screen. But I would say that as soon as the hr20 starts to turn itself back on (the blue bezel is lit and rotating) you should press the 24680 on the remote and you will progress to downloading new software.

·
Legend
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HDTVsportsfan said:
You never saw a screen that said "welcome", between steps 2 and 3?
Nope.

All I see is a black screen.......then the regular Directv blue screen will appear saying it's looking a satellite data.....I don't see any welcome or hello screen.

I believe I tried this at least seven time last night.

I am using HDMI and the TV is a Sony 34XBR800. No problems viewing HDMI to DVI.

Maybe I will try to type in the code as soon as I hit the red-button reset.......

What should I actually be seeing if a download was occurring?

·
DBSTalk Club Member
96 Posts
cawgijoe said:
Nope.

All I see is a black screen.......then the regular Directv blue screen will appear saying it's looking a satellite data.....I don't see any welcome or hello screen.

I believe I tried this at least seven time last night.

I am using HDMI and the TV is a Sony 34XBR800. No problems viewing HDMI to DVI.

Maybe I will try to type in the code as soon as I hit the red-button reset.......

What should I actually be seeing if a download was occurring?
wait until you see the power come back on after the reset and the blue bezel is lit and rotating.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
485 Posts
My HR20 worked fine in the RF mode doing the download. Missed it the first try because people say to wait for the Welcome screen. Now I know there is no Welcome screen. It is the Hello screen that you hit 02468 on.:confused: You also need to enter the code as soon as you see that Hello screen. Don't waist a lot of time looking for the right numbers. Wait too long and you will miss it. At least that is what I found out when I didn't have my glasses on one time. Couldn't see the remote quick enough.:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.