DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble programing my remote to work with my JVC TH-A30 home theater. The remote has been successfully programed with my tv and VCR. I tried all the codes for JVC in DVD player, stereo, vcr. Any sugesstions?

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
The codes I have for JVC Receivers are ....
30074, 31495, 31374

There's also a procedure to search for codes if these don't work ....
1. Turn on your JVC home theater.
2. Move the slide switch on the remote to AV1 or AV2
3. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light under the selected switch position flashes twice, then release both keys.
4. Enter in 9 9 1 3
5. Point the remote at your JVC and press CHAN UP repeatedly until the JVC turns off.
6. When your JVC turns off, stop pressing CHAN UP. Then press and release the SELECT key to lock in that code.
7. If the light flashes 3 times before your JVC responds, then you've cycled through all of the codes and you know that the remote doesn't support that device.

Edmund is our resident expert on remote controls, so he'll probably have additional tips for you sometime in the next day or so.

·
Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
litzdog911 said:
The codes I have for JVC Receivers are ....
30074, 31495, 31374

There's also a procedure to search for codes if these don't work ....
1. Turn on your JVC home theater.
2. Move the slide switch on the remote to AV1 or AV2
3. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light under the selected switch position flashes twice, then release both keys.
4. Enter in 9 9 1 3
5. Point the remote at your JVC and press CHAN UP repeatedly until the JVC turns off.
6. When your JVC turns off, stop pressing CHAN UP. Then press and release the SELECT key to lock in that code.
7. If the light flashes 3 times before your JVC responds, then you've cycled through all of the codes and you know that the remote doesn't support that device.

Edmund is our resident expert on remote controls, so he'll probably have additional tips for you sometime in the next day or so.
Thanks dog you have done it again!!! It worked flawlessly

·
Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
litzdog911 said:
Always happy to help a fellow Stocktonian :)
Dog,

Any opinion on touchcreen universal remotes? Harmony is coming out with one but it's $449 not sure its worth it.

·
Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.