DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Godfather
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched to the Dish absolute plan 4 months ago. I have only one major problem; I NEED THE FOX NEWS CHANNEL! I hate CNN.
What are my best pkg. options to keep my current HD channels and get Fox news Channel.?
I thought maybe that The Fox News Channel would eventually go HD but I have read nothing of this happening.
 

·
Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
24,484 Posts
Fox News Channel is AT200 or higher.

Your best shot would probably be DVR Advantage + TurboHD Programming for $59.99.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
harsh said:
Fox News Channel is AT200 or higher.

Your best shot would probably be DVR Advantage + TurboHD Programming for $59.99.
I thought only new subscribers were eligible for TurboHD Programming.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
264 Posts
You want the AT200 plus SilverHD. Use the DVR Advnatage package and you will get AT200/locals/DVR service for $50 and SilverHD is another $10 for a total of $60. I just upgraded to AT100 plus BronzeHD (previously just had Dish Family)yesterday with no problems for a total of $50.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dbrakob said:
You want the AT200 plus SilverHD. Use the DVR Advnatage package and you will get AT200/locals/DVR service for $50 and SilverHD is another $10 for a total of $60. I just upgraded to AT100 plus BronzeHD (previously just had Dish Family)yesterday with no problems for a total of $50.
Actually, It is 66.99 a month with a 7 dollar a month Lease fee for my 622 DVR.
49.99(AT200/Locals/DVR Service) +10(Silver HD) +7(DVR lease fee) = 66.99

I talked to A CSR (yes I had my fingers crossed). 18 a month is a high price for The Fox News Channel. I might have to get use to Wolf.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
264 Posts
smackman said:
Actually, It is 66.99 a month with a 7 dollar a month Lease fee for my 622 DVR.
49.99(AT200/Locals/DVR Service) +10(Silver HD) +7(DVR lease fee) = 66.99

I talked to A CSR (yes I had my fingers crossed). 18 a month is a high price for The Fox News Channel. I might have to get use to Wolf.
I was going to question you on the price increase for just one news channel but to each his own.

On the package I described you will not have the 7 DVR lease fee since you will have a HD package. I upgraded from Family to AT100 yesterday because my boys love Goosebumps (marathons during October on Cartoon Network) and realized the BronzeHD would not cost me $10 but rather $3 since getting the HD addon takes away the $7 HD enabling fee for 622/722s.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,180 Posts
dbrakob said:
I was going to question you on the price increase for just one news channel but to each his own.

On the package I described you will not have the 7 DVR lease fee since you will have a HD package. I upgraded from Family to AT100 yesterday because my boys love Goosebumps (marathons during October on Cartoon Network) and realized the BronzeHD would not cost me $10 but rather $3 since getting the HD addon takes away the $7 HD enabling fee for 622/722s.
I think Smackman is referring to the leased receiver fee, he probably has more than one receiver.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
garys said:
I think Smackman is referring to the leased receiver fee, he probably has more than one receiver.
In all honesty, I only have one receiver and the CSR quoted me a price of $49.99 for the AT200(DVR Advantage) $10 for HD silver and $7 dollars for my receiver(622 DVR) lease fee totally 66.99. Is the csr wrong? I am confused.I currently have Dish HDAbsolute with locals and pay a 7 dollar lease fee per month.

Do you not pay a lease fee with one receiver if you have a HD package? If not, where is this written up? I have always paid a lease fee for my 622 and I have had HD programming since Oct. 2006.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
If you only have one receiver on your account, you should not be paying a lease fee unless you do not the box plugged into a phone line or hooked up to the internet.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,180 Posts
At one point Dish was charging the lease fee even when you only have one receiver. I heard they have since stopped doing it.
Smackman, I would call Dish and see if you can get the fee removed and maybe get previous months refunded.
jclewter79, the additional tuner fee is $5, not $7
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
True, but it is a lease fee and if any is being charged that would be what it should be for.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On phone with CSR who says this applies only to Customers after Feb. 2007 meaning if you lease a Reciever before Feb. 2007 you have to pay a lease fee for your one Receiver. I got my 622 in Oct. 2006

The Supervisor offered me 2 options:
.1 Not pay the leasing fee for 7 months but after 7 months resume leasing payment. My answer was no.
.2 Do a NEW 2 year Contract with a 722 and the leasing bill would be done away with. Obviously, I said No; I have a 622 and do not need the extra hard drive nor a 2 year contract.

I have "escalated" now to the executive office. If they do no give me credit back to at least Feb. 2007 and drop my Lease fee permantenly, I am GONE.

I have been with Dish almost 10 years; This is depressing and discouraging but it looks like this lifeline is about to end.

Well, After 50 minutes, They have offered to drop the Leasing fee forever effective the next billing cycle but no Reimbursement for the months I was charged.
I took it but she noted I was not satisfied and I ask for this to be brought to the complaint/ Resolution team.

If they do not reimburse me for the prior months I am gone. To many options.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Well, at least they havve stopped it now, I doubt that they will reimberse you for past payments, at least not all at once, they might give you a monthly credit for a while. I hope they take care of it for you. Thing is, it is not right but, it is contract that you technically signed when you got your 622, they are technically being very nice just dropping the fee without a new contract.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
53,500 Posts
Political comments removed, as will be the commentators if they decide to violate forum rules again.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
264 Posts
The price I was referring to was for th AT100 package with HDBronze since that is the cheapest solution for Fox News (what you originally asked for). As far as the lease fee I would have to agree with some that they are doing good dropping it for the future. You knew the cost going into it and never questioned it until just now. If you have had Dish for 10 years and have been a happy customer why not take the upgrade and 2 year committment?
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dbrakob said:
The price I was referring to was for th AT100 package with HDBronze since that is the cheapest solution for Fox News (what you originally asked for). As far as the lease fee I would have to agree with some that they are doing good dropping it for the future. You knew the cost going into it and never questioned it until just now. If you have had Dish for 10 years and have been a happy customer why not take the upgrade and 2 year committment?

AT100 does not have Fox News.

My 18 month contract was fulfilled in April 2008. I do not want to obligate myself to another 2 years "yet".
It is my fault that I did not know that Dish changed the contract in Feb. 2007 where no lease fee is required for the 1st Receiver.
I did know the cost of my contract on a lease fee but I did not know that a new contract came out in Feb. 2007 requiring no Lease fee for the 1st Receiver 3 months after my 18 month agreement. My Bad.
I f I would have known, I would have renegotiated in Feb. 2007.
When I found out Oct. 4 2008 that a lease is not required, I called Dish and asked about it like anyone would I persume.
I guess everyone else knows that they are paying a "lease" fee if you signed a contract with Dish before Feb.2007 on a HD 622 Receiver especially if you signed a contract in Oct. 2006.
I guess everyone else knows this lease fee agreement changed in Feb. 2007.
I will take the blame; I have renegotiated with Dish and I will not have to pay a lease fee anymore and I was able to do this without a 2 year commitment. I personally feel I should be reimbursed but thats my opinion.
Its all about making the "Buck". My "Buck" also.
Maybe I am having Wall Street withdrawels.
 

·
Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
24,484 Posts
dbrakob said:
The price I was referring to was for th AT100 package with HDBronze since that is the cheapest solution for Fox News (what you originally asked for).
Read post #2 very carefully until it sinks in.

Technically, you can get Fox News with Dish Family, but that limits the HD offerings somewhat as you can only get TurboHD Silver with the Dish Family package.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
harsh said:
Read post #2 very carefully until it sinks in.

I have read post #2 CAREFULLY but post 8,9 and 10 spun the thread a little different over whether I should be paying a lease fee or not and saying AT100 comes with Fox news is simply not true. Let that sink in. No need for that comment.
 

·
Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
24,484 Posts
smackman said:
I have read post #2 CAREFULLY but post 8,9 and 10 spun the thread a little different over whether I should be paying a lease fee or not and saying AT100 comes with Fox news is simply not true.
It is possible that the package that you are subscribing to does not satisfy the basic package requirement of the lease plan.

It is most unfortunate that you've chosen to discuss two unrelated issues in the same thread.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top