DBSTalk Forum banner

Need Help

982 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  The Merg
I have 4 receivers - two HR-20 -100, an HR-22-100, and a HR-21-100.
Three of them are hard wired to the internet. One is in an upstairs room that I cannot hard wire. I would like to be able to watch movies on demand on that on - an HR20. I am on a SWiM 8 system. Should I buy a Cinema Connection Kit - or can I use one DECA just for that receiver? I do not have DECA's on any of the others.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
You could go with a CCK near the router and then hook up a DECA to the one HR20. This would give you a hybrid system of part DECA-part Ethernet. You could also go with switching over the Ethernet receivers to DECA. That would probably give you a little better stability when it comes to MRV.

- Merg
A CCK by itself is useless.
A CCK and a DECA on the HR20, "could work", but the -100s do require a special setup for a DECA, AND!!! all the other receivers would need a bandstop filter to block the DECA from their SAT inputs.

"Might just be" simpler to move to all DECA networking.
veryoldschool said:
the -100s do require a special setup for a DECA, AND!!! all the other receivers would need a bandstop filter to block the DECA from their SAT inputs.

"Might just be" simpler to move to all DECA networking.
Just noticed that I hadn't mentioned about those items and as I was about to post, I decided to refresh the thread... :)

- Merg
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.