DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved and had my satellite picking up a signal of 75-80. Now, three weeks later anytime it rains my satellite won't pick up anything. Anybody know what the problem is?? I have tried to get a signal again by adjusting my signal but it will not work. I even tried a different cable to no avail.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Do you have trees in the line of sight that would droop into the reception area when it is raining? Also, if the rainclouds are really high, it may cause "rain-fade," but that should only happen when the weather is really severe.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No trees... it has been at least six hours now... no signal at all... have a service person coming tomorrow now... couldn't wait any longer... I've changed cables, manually tried to adjust, cable straight to TV from receiver, etc. get zilch.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I woke up this morning and it was at a 30-35 signal strength. By lunch, it was back up to 80-85. Strange, no trees in the way. Technician came when I wasn't home and said it was fine. Could it be a cable or LNB is getting wet and when it drys out it is back to normal?

716 Posts
Originally posted by slydog31
I woke up this morning and it was at a 30-35 signal strength. By lunch, it was back up to 80-85. Strange, no trees in the way. Technician came when I wasn't home and said it was fine. Could it be a cable or LNB is getting wet and when it drys out it is back to normal?
Sounds like we have a winner :)

Look for bad spots in the cables from the LNB to the receiver and replace cables as necessary. If the cables look good, double check all connection points and seal them with that silicone stuff.

You didnt say if you have a multi switch, so if you do check that for leaks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.