DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 7 lazy underpaid installers at my house. I've heard every excuse. I currently have a chimney mounted direct tv dish. I've been a customer for 11 years. I need a new hd dish and no one wants to change it out. Does anyone know who I should contact? I've talked to CSR supervisors and local installation supervisors already. Nothing has changed so far.

·
This Space for Sale
7,466 Posts
Welcome!

Sorry you're having this problem. Did they give you a reason(s) for not installing the new dish? There are a number of installers here that could better address your situation if you can provide more information.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On another forum I have been told they can't put them up that high anymore due to safety standards. We have several tall trees in the line of site and our only other choice is right outside our back door to look at every time we go in and out. We are trying to change to a HD satellite. I think all we can do at this point is give up. It would of been nice to hear a real reason 7 visits ago instead of "I'm scared of heights" "scared of spiders" "I don't get paid enough" and "your chimney will break" I even called today and offered to rent a bucket truck or scaffolding for the job and no one had the courtesy to even call back.

·
This Space for Sale
7,466 Posts
Here are a couple of posts from BattleZone about installations on roofs.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2212767#post2212767

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2515039#post2515039

Will the installer have to leave the ladder? If so, then OSHA mandates fall protection be installed (the installer has to be anchored to the roof and in the event he falls, there has to be a plan to get him down).

Nice that you'd get a bucket truck/scaffolding for the work, but what happens when a storm/high winds come through (you live close to the coast in MS?) and your dish needs realignment. How are they going to reach it then?

BTW -- anyone know where BattleZone is? He hasn't posted since July. I've missed his posts.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I'll read them... Actually my current dish made it thru hurricane Katrina just fine. No need for re alignment. Whoever the original installer was did an awesome job, I just wish he still worked there!

·
Legend
264 Posts
trh would be glad to give you the link to the oringal post and answer but frustrated or some one has deleted it from the system.

frustrated--you maybe frustrated at the way you have been informed about your prople, but as I pointed out on the dtv forms site (and now has been deleted), we are 90+% customers, some of us are installers, but we are all trying to help.

After installers were been hurt, and even killed to make customers happy, OSHA and state labor boards said 'no more", if installs have to get off ladders, then additional safety devices and help ARE REQUIRED. Bucket trucks, scaffolding and other devices are also ment with the same requirements.

Are the trees that you think are in the way on your property? How far away are they?
You can go to dishpointer.com input your address select DTV SL5 and this will give you a line of site with the ablity to see any thing in the way.

Unless you are directly under trees, there is more then one way to install the dish on the lower part of the house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.