DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the forums and was wondering if there is any other portable dvrs besides a pocketdish?
I just installed a under the cabinet radio/monitor/dvd player in the kitchen for my wife and it has a side input audio and video jacks for connecting a video device and my wife would like to be able to transfer our recordings from our vip-622 to a portable dvr then take it to our kitchen and hook it into the the under the cabinet unit to watch her recordings while she is busy in the kitchen. I am assuming any of the pocket dish units will do this am I right? Are there any other portable dvr units on the market that i can use to get content from the vip-622 and play back on our under the cabinet monitor? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Randall

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
rndthm said:
I was browsing the forums and was wondering if there is any other portable dvrs besides a pocketdish?
I just installed a under the cabinet radio/monitor/dvd player in the kitchen for my wife and it has a side input audio and video jacks for connecting a video device and my wife would like to be able to transfer our recordings from our vip-622 to a portable dvr then take it to our kitchen and hook it into the the under the cabinet unit to watch her recordings while she is busy in the kitchen. I am assuming any of the pocket dish units will do this am I right? Are there any other portable dvr units on the market that i can use to get content from the vip-622 and play back on our under the cabinet monitor? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Randall
There are other portable devices but none will work as well with the ViP622. The other ones record in real-time (1 hr content = 1 hr recording) and if you're going to do that, you could just as well burn a DVD. The PocketDISHes can transfer 1 hr content in 5 minutes. All PocketDISHes have A/V outputs; the AV402E does not record video.

Archos recently released new versions and the new PocketDISHes should be out soon. They supposedly can transfer/convert HD recordings which the current ones do not.

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when will the new ones be coming out? where is the the best place with the lowest price to get the 20g version? can the current ones be firmware upgraded to retrieve hd content to playback?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.