DBSTalk Forum banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Legend
187 Posts
I have been having a useful conversation with Stuart Sweet on Disqus.com. Stuart has created a YouTube video on how to configure the C61K for an alternate IR Code set:

Unfortunately, even when following his instructions, I cannot get it to work using a RC65R remote. And this is the only older remote I have right now.
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to report that the process in the youtube video still works in May 22. I had my two HR24 replaced by the protection plan with C61 minis. They are in the same room so it worked great. I used a RC66RX white remote with the slider. Make sure when you do this process to turn the receiver on with the RC66RX and do not touch the RC73 remote at all during the process. Each C61 now has a different IR code and I can use the slider to quickly switch between each mini independently.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to report that the process in the youtube video still works in May 22.
I'd lay odds that a service call will be required for activation as it isn't a 1:1 swap. I'd check with an authorized dealer.

·
Legend
187 Posts
I'd lay odds that a service call will be required for activation as it isn't a 1:1 swap. I'd check with an authorized dealer.
They had a service call scheduled but since they had to cancel the service call twice they just mailed the c61 and i activated over the phone with a knowledgeable csr. Just had to reboot my genie box so the authorization command could be sent to it.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts