DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· AllStar
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a receiver small enough to go behind my tv that's mounted on the wall. I was told I need the H25 but DTV says they can't ship specific receivers so I have to buy on Ebay. That seems strange to me; is there any way around that? Also, will the H25 work with Whole Home? Is the remote RF and how will it work since I have another tv in living room that uses RF? Thanks for the help!

· Registered
16,423 Posts
It is true, DirecTV does not ship specific models. If you ordered from them you'd get whatever is grabbed in the warehouse.

Try solidsignal.com, they carry the H25. You won't be sorry, it's a great unit.

· Super Moderator
12,437 Posts
As to the remote control quetions...

The H25 requires an external option to do RF. But it has an extra large IR receiver and most find it works just fine, even when mounted behind a TV. It was designed for that environment.

RF remotes are designed to not interfere with each other, they are unique to each receiver. IR remotes have multiple codes you can choose, so you can have two or more in the same room without interfering with each other.

· Hall Of Fame
2,628 Posts
It will work with the demon unsupported home LAN but requires that it be on the line to the CCK directly and a bandstop filter between them and the rest of the infrastructure. Works quite well actually but a non standard set up for sure.

More important is that the OP's infrastructure has SWM or this exercise becomes a complete rework to accomodate the new small box. (you mentioned this I'm just annotating the scope on that)

Another question is if a normal sized receiver/dvr using RF could be placed somewhat away from the TV and still get his desired result?

Really depends on the existing infrastructure, and how much coin one wants to throw at it to get that desired end result.

The H25s are great receivers! Blazingly fast and their IR sensitivity is uncanny. Really the best of all worlds for the OP's inquiry. Workable (with effort) even on unsupported home networking, but does requiires SWM and once there, the home network option becomes silly (in most cases)

Don "running 2 H25s on unsupported home LAN for my own silly reasons" Bolton

dpeters11 said:
Just to be sure, is your whole home the supported type? The H25 won't work with the unsupported Ethernet route, and requires SWM.

· Icon
1,083 Posts
Wait. Will the H25 mount to the back of the tv that is currently hanging on the wall? I thought they used the same mounts so it was one or the other.

· Hall Of Fame
2,628 Posts
My guess here is that the photo is one where the TV has a base and the wall mount was used to hide the sat box. This is based on what I know of most wall mounts I have used prior. Apparently the kit for the receiver uses the same VESA standard as the wall mounts and monitors.

Don "when it won't go, chrome it" Bolton

Xsabresx said:
Wait. Will the H25 mount to the back of the tv that is currently hanging on the wall? I thought they used the same mounts so it was one or the other.

· Icon
1,083 Posts
Ok so then i am even more confused since the OP said they were going with the advice.

Ths is what they said:

I need a receiver small enough to go behind my tv that's mounted on the wall
So if it is already on the wall nothing is going to mount behind it.

· Registered
16,423 Posts
Xsabresx said:
Ok so then i am even more confused since the OP said they were going with the advice.

So if it is already on the wall nothing is going to mount behind it.
You use the H25 mount to mount the H25 to the wall, not the TV. It is a "Wall Mount" bracket. The pic you saw just showed someone being industrious and finding 2 holes that lined up on the back of his tv with the wall mount bracket.

· Icon
1,083 Posts
RunnerFL said:
You use the H25 mount to mount the H25 to the wall, not the TV. It is a "Wall Mount" bracket. The pic you saw just showed someone being industrious and finding 2 holes that lined up on the back of his tv with the wall mount bracket.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh got it now!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.