DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cool Member/Supporter
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried all the codes for the Samsung DLP, 3 of them work ...almost the TV turns off and volume works as well as input. the problem is when turning on. I have to switch the remote to TV and hit the power button 2 times to get the set to come on. My HR10-250 remote worked fine . I even tried that code to no avail. Is there a way to do a remote code search?

·
Legend
219 Posts
The D* remotes are not a learning remote. If you have tried all the codes, then there is no way to custom program it. My remotes work similar to what you are describing. I gotten used to the extra steps. I've also notice that the TV/D* buttoms are different. I always leave my D* receiver on, and I don't like turning off both the TV an receiver in one stroke. You might try using the older RC23 or24 on the HR20. See what happens

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Honestly.....get a Harmony :)

·
Legend
219 Posts
Hoxxx said:
I have tried all the codes for the Samsung DLP, 3 of them work ...almost the TV turns off and volume works as well as input. the problem is when turning on. I have to switch the remote to TV and hit the power button 2 times to get the set to come on. My HR10-250 remote worked fine . I even tried that code to no avail. Is there a way to do a remote code search?
I have both Harmony and URC MX-600. FWIW, I prefer the MX-600

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
dont know what codes you are using but i have same type and both the RC23 and RC24 work fine

·
Hall Of Fame
2,320 Posts
Hoxxx said:
try this site http://www.ezremote.com/setupcodehelp/DTV/ProductSelection.php. good luck my samsung dlp worked fine till one of the sw loads. Now why did a sw load affect the remote is beyond understanding by anyone on the forum so far. But seems that myself and others had to go through the extra step now. Once in a blue moon the rmote turns my TV on with the tv power button versus the big button

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I have also seen a FW update change the way a remote works. My Bose Lifestyle 48 RF remote transmits to the bose and also puts a IR signal out to a Radio Shack IR extender which transmits to the room for TV and HR20 control. Since the 108 upgrade the Guide button on the Lifestyle 48 will turn the HR20 off/on sometimes.

Try and explain that to D*. Think they will try to fix that? I doubt it!

I also have a issue with the HR20 remote not working on the Bose system at all even though the Bose has an option to turn on a IR RX/TX for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.