DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here receive their neighboring local channels in HD? I'm in the Raleigh area, and therefore do not get CBS and Fox in HD, but I do get the CBS/Fox neighboring locals from Greensboro. As these have just been turned on in HD, should I get the HD versions as well?

Mike

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
All depends on the rules on how Signficantly Viewed, applies to HD.

·
AllStar
74 Posts
facedogg said:
Does anyone here receive their neighboring local channels in HD? I'm in the Raleigh area, and therefore do not get CBS and Fox in HD, but I do get the CBS/Fox neighboring locals from Greensboro. As these have just been turned on in HD, should I get the HD versions as well?

Mike
No HD from CBS/FOX here in Cary. From e-mails I sent to/from D* and WRAL in Raleigh dosen't sound like either are close to agreeing on passing HD to D*.

WRAL has a program wher you supply receipt for new HD TV and they will provide you with OTA. You do the install. Did that and it works like a charm in full HD bandwidth and with many more channels than the 2 HD that D* would provide if/when they ever agree on T&C. I have a splitter with the OTA signal to the TV and the HR20. Would be nice for the HR20 to be able to receive OTA.

Anyone know when D* will provide us with this feature?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
rm226 said:
No HD from CBS/FOX here in Cary. From e-mails I sent to/from D* and WRAL in Raleigh dosen't sound like either are close to agreeing on passing HD to D*.

WRAL has a program wher you supply receipt for new HD TV and they will provide you with OTA. You do the install. Did that and it works like a charm in full HD bandwidth and with many more channels than the 2 HD that D* would provide if/when they ever agree on T&C. I have a splitter with the OTA signal to the TV and the HR20. Would be nice for the HR20 to be able to receive OTA.

Anyone know when D* will provide us with this feature?
OTA... Yes, "someone knows"...

See the dozens of other OTA discussion threads for all the "clues"

·
Mentor
32 Posts
WRAL has a program wher you supply receipt for new HD TV and they will provide you with OTA.
What OTA did they supply?

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Thanks RM226. I don't see us getting CBS or Fox anytime soon. I am close to the towers but down over a hill.

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, I've got a 4228 in the attic from Pittsboro, and receive OTA's from both Greensboro and Raleigh great on the HR10-250 and the H20. Just thought since I could get Greensboro CBS and FOX I'd also get them in HD, but it's just not looking that way....

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.