DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four seasons initially, but up to seven seasons of the widely acclaimed "Mad Men" to be made available for streaming from Netflix.
First Four Seasons of "Mad Men" Will Be Made Available To Watch Instantly Streaming From Netflix on July 27, 2011

...Produced, distributed and owned by Lionsgate, "Mad Men" has made television history as the only cable series to win the Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama and the Golden Globe for Best Television Series-Drama for three consecutive years...
Source: TheFutonCritic.com

I have my Roku and Netflix ready to go! :joy:

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sigma1914 said:
Why have you waited? Have the discs sent.
I don't need no stinkin' discs! That is so-o-o-o last century. I only stream Netflix. No more physical media for this guy! :grin:

· Registered
14,539 Posts
Nick said:
I don't need no stinkin' discs! That is so-o-o-o last century. I only stream Netflix. No more physical media for this guy! :grin:
:lol:
I respect your choice, but Mad Men is beautiful on BluRay...that is if you have a BR player. :)

· Hall Of Fame
1,945 Posts
There are two shows that are almost shockingly transformed by being experienced in HD: Mad Men and Gossip Girl. They both look pleasant but awfully pedestrian in 4:3 SD but when you go 1080p...YOWZA! The art direction and cinematography on both is literally awesome.

· Godfather
370 Posts
Guess I won't complain too much if it is delayed six months, I love the show:

Weiner is on the verge of inking a two-year deal worth close to $30 million, but is pushing back on three of AMC's asks for Season 5: integrated product placement, the cutting of two minutes per episode (to accomodate increased ad time), and the elimination or reduction of two series regular cast members.
I can actually appreciate this. Don't tell the writer to reduce the cast, make the show shorter, and integrate advertising into the show. Pitiful AMC.

On a side note, if there was ever a show that could accomodate product integration, uh, this is it. Imagine if Lucky Strike was still around and funding the show...

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
sigma1914 said:
:lol:
I respect your choice, but Mad Men is beautiful on BluRay...that is if you have a BR player. :)
Yep, I like streaming too, but for $2 more per month, there's many shows (including Mad Men) and Movies that must be seen on Blu Ray.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.