DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
You should find On Demand in your menu [button]. You will need to run the network setup from the [setup] menu before though. Once you're connected, it will take some time for the programs to show up.
Right now, about the only "sharing" is from a PC to the DVR. Those that are part of the DirecTV2PC test group are able to "share" [stream] recording to a PC.

· AllStar
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
veryoldschool said:
You should find On Demand in your menu [button]. You will need to run the network setup from the [setup] menu before though. Once you're connected, it will take some time for the programs to show up.
Right now, about the only "sharing" is from a PC to the DVR. Those that are part of the DirecTV2PC test group are able to "share" [stream] recording to a PC.
Just took a look at the menu and found Network, under Setup. I also connect, so I assume my HR20-700 has to be connected to the internet somehow. Exactly how do I do this? I have a Lynksis unit close by, that is connected to my cable modem.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
darita said:
Just took a look at the menu and found Network, under Setup. I also connect, so I assume my HR20-700 has to be connected to the internet somehow. Exactly how do I do this? I have a Lynksis unit close by, that is connected to my cable modem.
I simply use a Cat5 cable from my router to my DVR. Your router should have DHCP to assign the IP address to your DVR.
"It should be" an easy plug & play, where once connected [cable] you can use the "get connected" under the network menu and you're done. Once it's connected, the On Demand should show in the menu.

· AllStar
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
veryoldschool said:
I simply use a Cat5 cable from my router to my DVR. Your router should have DHCP to assign the IP address to your DVR.
"It should be" an easy plug & play, where once connected [cable] you can use the "get connected" under the network menu and you're done. Once it's connected, the On Demand should show in the menu.
Thanks so much for the help. I just made the Cat5 connections, did setup and I'm set. How long before programs show up and are there many HD movies to choose from?

· Godfather
308 Posts
darita said:
Thanks so much for the help. I just made the Cat5 connections, did setup and I'm set. How long before programs show up and are there many HD movies to choose from?
It takes about an hour to get most programming, but some can take up to 24 hours. There is plenty of HD programming to choose from on there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.