DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a cat 5 line from my linksys router location to the HR20, but need to terminate with ends (can't use a pre-terminated wire). Do both ends get the same wiring pattern (or/w-or-gr/w-bl-bl/w-gr-br/w-br) or is it a difference config at each end? Thanks

·
AllStar
68 Posts
magellanmtb said:
I am running a cat 5 line from my linksys router location to the HR20, but need to terminate with ends (can't use a pre-terminated wire). Do both ends get the same wiring pattern (or/w-or-gr/w-bl-bl/w-gr-br/w-br) or is it a difference config at each end? Thanks
Yes

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
magellanmtb said:
Same wiring pattern on both ends.

Merry Christmas,
Tom

·
Godfather
439 Posts
Just to double your confidence.... YES, same left to right wire colors on each end. I had to string a hard cable from my router since I couldn't get an ethernet wireless bridge to work. A new plug on each end of the long cable (from router through attic to jack plate in living room) and a new plug on each end of a short cable (to reach from the wall to my HR20). For some reason I got lucky and all four ends were perfect. Very hard with reading glasses that don't let me get close enough to see the small wires very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.