DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Godfather
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After failing to get the HR20 working with an ethernet wireless bridge, I took the bridge back and got what I needed to run a cable to the HR20.

Now that the HR20 has detected the network and the internet, I'd like to know if my HP mediacenter with WMC 2003 stands any chance of serving media to it.

HP won't update me to WMC2005.
My system wouldn't finalize my attempt to upload Windows Media Player 11.

Any advice? I've got hundreds of CDs worth of music in MP3 form on my PC and I'd love to hear them through my HR20 and stereo. I'd also love to browse the thousand of pictures there on my HDTV.

Please tell me someone has figured a way to get media served without WMC2005 or WMP11.

Thanks,
4DThinker

·
Godfather
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, litzdog911.

Twonky, eh? Anyone know where I can download what I presume is a media player? Yes, I've googled it and found a Russian site that I don't trust. Cost, if any? I could not find out the cost on any site Google led me to.

ON another issue, my HR20 "forgot" my local free view HD channels today. I had to go through the antenna setup again to get them back on the guide.

Tomorrow I pull every cable and reconfigure my home theater rack. My goals are: Best video outputs straight to the TV, and best audio outputs straight to the preamp/AV receiver. Second best audio/video outputs (SVideo in most cases) to inputs on recording devices (SVHS deck and DVD recorder).

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
have you tried uninstalling any old versions of WMP and then installing 11? I had to do that on my server... upgrade crashed everytime till I uninstalled all old versions and then installed WMP11... been working fine since

·
Godfather
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just thought I'd share: After recabling my system with goal of "Best video straight to the TV,best audio straight to the A/V receiver/amp", I ended up with 12 assorted cables unused. Mostly red/white/yellow, since they are the poorest video paths. Had to actually go out and buy a Component RedBlueGreen cable though.

On another topic: There is a USB port on the left front side the HR20. On a lark I plugged a USB media card full of pictures into it. The USB device showed a green light (meaning the port is powered). Anyone else played with the USB ports to see if they can get some use out of them?

4DThinker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.