DBSTalk Forum banner

Network shows returning to your Season Pass/Series Link/???

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  SatliteHD 
#1 ·
Last spring, as the shows wrapped up their seasons, I started to delete the season passes partially so that my recording history list would be easier to navigate, and partially because I wanted to make a choice as to which shows I should add back on in the fall.

I started adding the network shows this week: These are my returning network shows:
  • 2. Bones (FOX)
  • 3. Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles (FOX)
  • TBA. Heroes (NBC)
  • TBA. Lost (ABC)
To be added as a new show:
  • Life On Mars (ABC)
Gee, do I qualify as DBSTalk's SHORTEST season pass list with 10 shows (and 5 are not airing episodes at this time).

#4 ·
Drew2k said:
Mark, that's a pretty short list!

I've got series links spread over 5 DVRs, so I need a spreadsheet to keep track of them! :p
My Question is do you actually have time to watch everything you record?

Between work, sleep, family, house/yard work, I'm lucky I have the time to watch everything I record and that's maybe 10 hours (at most) in a week

#5 ·
fluffybear said:
My Question is do you actually have time to watch everything you record?

Between work, sleep, family, house/yard work, I'm lucky I have the time to watch everything I record and that's maybe 10 hours (at most) in a week
The condo take s care of the outside so that's one thing off my list!

As to the rest, most of my shows are seasonal, so they're not on all at the same time. Some shows I also just don't watch right away. For example, last season I saved all Kyle XY and ER shows and didn't start watching until mid-summer. Then I had marathons... :)

#7 ·
CBS
Returning - CSI, CSI:Miami, CSI:NY, Criminal Minds, Cold Case, Numbers, Ghost Whisperer, New Adventures Of Old Christine, The Big Bang Theory
New - Eleventh Hour, The Mentalist

NBC
Returning - Chuck, Medium, My Name Is Earl
New - My Own Worst Enemy

ABC
Returning -NONE
New - The Goode Family, Life On Mars

FOX
Returning - Kings Of The Hill, The Simpson's, Family Guy, American Dad, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
New - The Cleveland Show, Dollhouse, Fringe, The Oaks

CW
Returning - Reaper
New - NONE

#8 ·
I use the Joseph in Egypt approach to television: This fall we'll have quite a number of shows on our Season Pass list:

1. PUSHING DAISIES
2. HEROES
3. CHUCK
4. FRINGE
5. NCIS
6. BONES
7. GREY'S ANATOMY
8. ER
9. NUMB3RS
10. TERMINATOR: SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES
11. HOUSE
12. LIFE ON MARS
13. CRUSOE
14. DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
15. BROTHERS AND SISTERS
16. ELI STONE
17. CLOSER
18. SANCTUARY
19. MAD MEN
20. BOSTON LEGAL
21. EX LIST
22. CRIMINAL MINDS
23. LIPSTICK JUNGLE
24. LIFE
25. PRIVATE PRACTICE
26. UNIT (5 episodes by 11/5)
27. SIMPSONS (4 episodes by 11/5)
28. CLEANER (5 episodes)
29. HOLE IN THE WALL (8 episodes by 11/5)
30. STARTER WIFE (4 episodes by 11/5)
31. HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (6 episodes by 11/5)
32. RAISING THE BAR (6 episodes)
33. SHIELD (13 episodes)
34. STARGATE ATLANTIS (3 episodes by 11/5; 9 episodes by end of year)

We'll watch what we can, but mostly the stuff at the bottom of the list will going onto the eSATA drive and/or the TB drive on my PC, for viewing over the Winter when other shows are in reruns. This year, especially, there are so many good new shows and good returning shows that we have an especially long Season Pass list. Typically, we record about 25 shows, watching about 20 of them during the week they're broadcast and the other five at some later date.

We also live in a condo -- it is amazing if that's a big differentiator in one's available leisure time. If so, then I'm doubly-glad.

Beyond that, on a typical night, we're done with dinner after work about 6:30 PM, each night, and we go to bed about 9:15 PM. With a TiVo, we can easily enjoy three hours of television on weekdays, and another hour or so each weekend day, so we probably could watch 23 hours of television a week, excepting vacations and visits and such.

#11 ·
Brian Hanasky said:
If Jack Bauer and Chuck Norris mixed their sperm and gave it to Angelina Jolie then that would be one bad a** kid.
Hmm...I have a feeling they'd prefer to do it the old-fashioned way, rather than the "turkey baster" method.

NBC: Heroes, Chuck, My Name Is Earl, The Office, 30 Rock

ABC: Pushing Daisies, Scrubs

CBS: The Amazing Race

Fox: The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad

CW: Reaper

I think that's it for me for network prime-time shows carrying over from last season.

#13 ·
bicker1 said:
I use the Joseph in Egypt approach to television.
Your list looks awfully familiar, but I noticed you don't have Sons of Anarchy which follows The Shield premier on Fx 09/02. Might be worth recording and watching/:)

#14 ·
If channel numbers changed from last season (MPEG-2 70's channel to MPEG-4 channel conversion, for example) make sure you modify your Series Links.

#15 ·
My wife added the new 90210 series beginning on 9/2 and One Tree Hill. As for me it will be The shield, 24, Prison Break, and Biggest Loser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.