DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one i havent seen in a long time. My hr20 decided to cancel my seasons pass to the Today show. Much to my dismay it did not record this morning. I went into todo and it had all future episodes cancelled.

I attemted to reschedule same by pressing R twice on the guide and it wouldnt accept it.

I then went through the appropriate screens after hitting more info and did a series record. It accepted that, but the todo list did not update accordingly. So i am not sure whether or not it will record tommorow AM.

I have been pretty lucky overall, but i am seeing instablilty in 10b similiar to pre oxfa days.

Anyone else experienceing series link issues?

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
jheda,

Do you recall which spot the SL was in your prioritizer? 1st, last, middle?

You might want to do a reset (either RBR or via menu). Any time I start seeing multiple issues where the unit doesn't do what it used to, I think about reset. Sad, but seems to prevent things from getting worse.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Legend
145 Posts
jheda said:
This one i havent seen in a long time. My hr20 decided to cancel my seasons pass to the Today show. Much to my dismay it did not record this morning. I went into todo and it had all future episodes cancelled.

I attemted to reschedule same by pressing R twice on the guide and it wouldnt accept it.

I then went through the appropriate screens after hitting more info and did a series record. It accepted that, but the todo list did not update accordingly. So i am not sure whether or not it will record tommorow AM.

I have been pretty lucky overall, but i am seeing instablilty in 10b similiar to pre oxfa days.

Anyone else experienceing series link issues?
Try going to your prioritizer. If it is there hit dash dash and then re-enter it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Before 10b I had an issue like this where I could not hit R twice but it let me setup the series link from the show info screen.

I also recall some others in here stating that sometimes it takes longer to appear in to do list? Or do I have that backwards?

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tibber said:
jheda,

Do you recall which spot the SL was in your prioritizer? 1st, last, middle?

You might want to do a reset (either RBR or via menu). Any time I start seeing multiple issues where the unit doesn't do what it used to, I think about reset. Sad, but seems to prevent things from getting worse.

Cheers,
Tom
It was last. Then i moved it to first(although i dont uderstand why that matters).

I will do a RBR when i get home from work. Thank you all for the very helpful response!!!!

JHeda

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
I'm wondering if some types of items in the prioritizer have problems if they are in the first or last position, perhaps indicating data being overwritten or corrupted by other parts of the software base. So I thought Directv might like to know which position you had had the iterm in.

Do you know how the prioritizer is intended to work? That things at the top of the list are [more likely] to get recorded if there are conflicts with things lower in the list.

And you're welcome.
Tom

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tibber said:
I'm wondering if some types of items in the prioritizer have problems if they are in the first or last position, perhaps indicating data being overwritten or corrupted by other parts of the software base. So I thought Directv might like to know which position you had had the iterm in.

Do you know how the prioritizer is intended to work? That things at the top of the list are [more likely] to get recorded if there are conflicts with things lower in the list.

And you're welcome.
Tom
Its in first priority now but again was last before. You might be on to something Tom as moving it up seems to have worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.