I've been following much of the posts about trouble since the 6.3a install and really haven't had any problems with lock ups or reboots. I've had the update for about a month. I did notice some audio dropouts while watching an OTA channel, but honestly that channel (local Fox) has always been a pain for me to receive OTA.
I've also noticed in the last couple of days that I get video drop outs that last maybe a second. I'm talking completely black screen.
Today I had my dish relocated due to the growth of some nearby trees and I figured that while I was paying for this I might as well have the newer dish installed. Then I'll just have to swap out the multi-switch when I get the mpeg4 box. This guy was very good. I'm getting nothing less than 90 on all three sats. I was still not getting HD-NET picture so I figured I would reboot and let the channels update, etc. Since that reboot the guide does not show any HD channels even though I have excellent signal strength. I've tried rebooting 3 times, still not seeing the HD channels in the guide.
Also, probably very importantly, the update from the sat would kick out at about 85% and ask if I wanted to try again. At this point I've gone in and told it to clear and reset everything. Not really much recorded that I'll miss and I can always re-enter the season passes. I had to get on to work so I don't know how this is going to play-out. I've had D* for 5 years and never have I seen it kick out of the sat update like that.
A forum community dedicated to digital bit streaming enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about programming, content, and reception, home theaters, displays, models, styles, satellites, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!