DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive if this has been posted B4.

New to E* and I just got a 622 installed friday afternoon. Last night it locked up four times. The screen would go black and I would get hissing through the speakers (on both TV1 and 2). It wouldn't resond to remote or front panel buttons. Only way to fix is reset by holding in power button.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
Can you post some more detail about this issue. For example, what is going on, on the receiver, at the time of the problems? i.e. recording, recording and watching a show, what type of channel, HD, OTA, SD? What output(s) are you using for Audio and Video? If it's OTA how is your signal strength? Stuff like that. It would help us try and understand what is going on.

·
Mentor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Details...

622 is connected to Samsung DLP w/component video & audio on TV1. Coax out to TV2 in the bedroom.

TV2 was watching SD (of course)
TV1 was watching SD on a couple occasions and twice while watching recorded show when lock up. Not recording.

It hasn't happened yet tonight. :rolleyes:

·
Legend
127 Posts
Yep, I think it is time for them to send you a new one. My first 622 was freezing up and auto rebooting at least once or twice a day when I first got it. I called dish, they sent me a new one, and I haven't had nearly the problems. (only rebooted once or twice in months.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.