DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Icon
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to take a new account in spouse's name, the reason being i was a customer till 2 months back and cancelled it after being with them for 2 years.

My spouse has only 8-9 months of credit history. Will dish require certain crdit score in order to give the new account?

What will happen if she doesnt have that minimum?

If i again take it, Will I get any benefit when am not a "new customer" as such?

Pls. advise.

Thanks

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
Dish does a credit check, and if the credit score is too low, then you will not be able to lease equipment from them. That leaves you forced to buy your equipment outright and do your own install if you want programming.

If you sign up again, you will come back as a Returning Customer. You will get something of a deal, but it won't be as good as a new customer.

My understanding is that it takes at least 3 years of not having service before you would be considered a new customer again.

· Icon
769 Posts
IIP said:
That leaves you forced to buy your equipment outright and do your own install if you want programming.
That is incorrect.

If you buy the receiver, dish will give you the satellite and install it for free. They will credit you partial cost of the receiver back over time as well if you buy it directly from dish network.

· Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
brant said:
That is incorrect.

If you buy the receiver, dish will give you the satellite and install it for free. They will credit you partial cost of the receiver back over time as well if you buy it directly from dish network.
Oh Boy! My own free Satellite.

Sorry Couldn't resist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.