DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have HR23s and I am trying to just setup one of them right now. I have these new Black DECAs that the techinical support lady had no idea about. So I am connecting them without the bband converter to my receiver and I am getting no signal. What am I doing wrong? This should be such an easy install.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

· Registered
8,820 Posts
dblake15 said:
I have HR23s and I am trying to just setup one of them right now. I have these new Black DECAs that the techinical support lady had no idea about. So I am connecting them without the bband converter to my receiver and I am getting no signal. What am I doing wrong? This should be such an easy install.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Are they facing to right direction?

Can you give a little more info on what you are putting where?

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that. So there is one side that says Sat Rcvr / Power with a long dongle line on it and the other side says Towards LNB and has a small nub. It looks like the B-Band Converter style. It also has two lights one is power and the other is network. Both light up. But I am not plugging anything into the ethernet until I get sat signal coming through. I believe I have an SWM, but how can I check to be sure, that could be the problem I am wondering.

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope does not come up. I just went and checked and it says Zinwell 8 way switch. No SWM on it. I am betting that is my issue. Can I purchase an SWM from Best Buy or should I just have the installer come out and set all of this up?

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
dblake15 said:
Nope does not come up. I just went and checked and it says Zinwell 8 way switch. No SWM on it. I am betting that is my issue. Can I purchase an SWM from Best Buy or should I just have the installer come out and set all of this up?
If you're not on a SWiM, the DECA is blocking the tune voltage to the LNB, and not able to connect with the other DECAs on a network, due to having a switch instead of a splitter.

· Mentor
43 Posts
dblake15 said:
I don't think Best Buy has SWMs, but I could be wrong. You likely need to look at Solid Signal or someplace like that, or there are usually a bunch on EBAY too.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
There are a lot of reasons to buy equipment like that from places you know and trust. That's all I'm saying.

· Dad
5,798 Posts
I purchased my SWM16 a ways back from a seller on ebay. Confirmed that they had a high rating, had a return policy, paid via Paypal with the protection program and the seller even swapped out the two 8 port splitters for one 2 port and one 4 port so I could save on signal loss.

Hardly anyone needs two 8 port splitters which is very lossy.

Not all sellers are this good but there are some very good ones out there and you can save some bucks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.