DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AT-9. Took two weeks to get a replacement reciever though from D* because they forgot to put the order in. Everything seems to be good so far but I am still running with software update DC

·
Legend
183 Posts
TMNJ101 said:
AT-9. Took two weeks to get a replacement reciever though from D* because they forgot to put the order in. Everything seems to be good so far but I am still running with software update DC
Are you getting the MPEG-4 locals and if so, how are they? I haven't upgraded my dish yet. I was kinda waiting for the new Slimline dish.

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Rob55 said:
Cool, I've been using the MPEG-2 locals from NY and I'm real curious to about how the NY MPEG-4 locals are.
I've reposted this from another thread but...
I'm still using my triple LNB and running an OTA through my mutiswitch. (Not the MS at the sat antenna, but a standalone.) My market is fat with HD and so I'm taking all my local HD OTA from a standalone, unpowered TERK running direct to my MSwitch. I've got a HR20, still viewing only mpeg2 HD and waiting for the OTA tuner to be turned up. Before I switch to the 5LNB, I'd like some explanation from someone who's experienced it as to what's all this about the MPEG 4 feeds either not running though a standard multiswitch or diplexer or not plexing at all with an OTA signal. Can you help me out on this one?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
The MPEG-4 transmit on the wire, in the same frequency range that the Diplexed in OTA wants to work in.

So if both are present, both get messed up.

A standard multiswitch (pre 6x8 switches), do not know how to do the switching for the 99 and 103 SATs... hence why they won't work.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Rob55 said:
Are you getting the MPEG-4 locals and if so, how are they? I haven't upgraded my dish yet. I was kinda waiting for the new Slimline dish.
From what I've read the Slimline dish isn't really that much smaller or lighter weight. I won't wait around for the Slimline.

·
Icon
650 Posts
I thought you could not use an OTA with the HR20 until they enable that feature. How are you using an OTA through a multiswitch?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
mocciat said:
I thought you could not use an OTA with the HR20 until they enable that feature. How are you using an OTA through a multiswitch?
He said he was still on his 3LNB dish, not the 5LNB..
Most likely has an HR10 or other HD receiver...

·
Godfather
253 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
The MPEG-4 transmit on the wire, in the same frequency range that the Diplexed in OTA wants to work in.

So if both are present, both get messed up.

A standard multiswitch (pre 6x8 switches), do not know how to do the switching for the 99 and 103 SATs... hence why they won't work.
Earl,
I really appreciate all of you knowledge and expertise!!!

Just an FYI I run a Terk multiswitch (powered) with an antenna and watch Denver HD locals, National HD West Coast and Colorado Springs OTA HDs without any problems on an HR10, H20 or HR20(obviosly not OTA on the HR20).

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
dpfaunts said:
Earl,
I really appreciate all of you knowledge and expertise!!!

Just an FYI I run a Terk multiswitch (powered) with an antenna and watch Denver HD locals, National HD West Coast and Colorado Springs OTA HDs without any problems on an HR10, H20 or HR20(obviosly not OTA on the HR20).
The kicker is... the frequency range isn't being used yet.
So yes... you are correct, it will work today... but when they get the other sats up, you are going to run into problems.

That particular frequency range is what the B-Band converters are for.

·
Icon
716 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
The kicker is... the frequency range isn't being used yet.
So yes... you are correct, it will work today... but when they get the other sats up, you are going to run into problems.

That particular frequency range is what the B-Band converters are for.
Is that true if you continue with the 3LNB dish and just use OTA for HD locals?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.