DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

· Armchair Referee
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Via Google alerts - DirecTV:

Movie net Cinemoi bows Monday on DirecTV: Channel skeds European films, lifestyle content

Euro-centric movie channel Cinemoi is set to bow Monday on DirecTV. Cinemoi will feature vintage and contempo indie pics along with exclusive lifestyle content like backstage footage from Fashion Week, global film fests and original celeb interview series "Stars of the Silver Screen."
Courtesy of Variety.com. Original article with more detail

I'm not sure if this is in HD. But I always welcome new channels that aren't beholden to a conglomerate.

· Icon
884 Posts
jamieh1 said:
Says launches Monday on Ch 259
Channel 259? That's the Infomercial Channel! Why are they taking that away? Where will I see those great ads for Carol Burnett Show DVDs?

:uglyhamme !rolling

All kidding aside, it seems that DirecTV is determined to take away each and every reason I had for considering installing Dish. First MHz Worldview with newscasts from everywhere and anywhere, then BBC America in HD, and now European movies heretofore seen only on Dish's Eurochannel.

Thanks Direct! Where do I sign up for two more years?

· Hall Of Fame
1,711 Posts
mnassour said:
All kidding aside, it seems that DirecTV is determined to take away each and every reason I had for considering installing Dish. First mHZ World with newscasts from everywhere and anywhere, then BBC America in HD, and now European movies heretofore seen only on Dish's Eurochannel.?
mHZ World? Where's that?

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
mreposter said:
mHZ World? Where's that?
It is a subchannel in a lot of areas. Also, I think it is in the international portion, like in the 2000s?

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
dpeters11 said:
Too bad it will be SD only.
Hoping that it is at least 16x9 SD. That does make a difference. More pixels.

· Godfather
661 Posts
Pixel for Pixel, I would rather have the Blaze. But I think Cinemoi is a welcome addition to the line-up. I have Showtime for free, and haven't watched a movie on it in six months. I do like foreign films and also old classic movies from TCM.

Well done, DTV!

· Registered
6,660 Posts
"sabrewulf" said:
I just read on wikipedia that it is in 16x9 SD they dont broadcast in HD at all yet. This was news to me I hadnt heard anything about this till I logged on here this morning.

This is the Wikipedia link to it if anyone is curious :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cin%C3%A9moi
That's the European version. This is an entirely new NA version.

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
I just did a little clean up. Please don't hijack the thread.

Let's stay on topic and keep it civil.

:backtotop

Mike

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
We will find out tomorrow.

Of course, an SD launch doesn't preclude HD down the road. See Disney Jr or PAC 12 on dish.

· Godfather
424 Posts
I love this from the wiki page:

"The channel does not carry advertising and screens its films without interruption. The channel logo does not appear on the feature films, although it is displayed during documentaries, interviews and segments between films."

I hope they broadcast the films in OAR.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.