DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,129 Posts
I got it last year and I been with them for 5 years. The CSR said they usually don't but he made an exception. I tried again this year but no go. Politely ask for it if they say no then call back later and ask again,and if they still say no ask them what kind of deal they can offer you.

7 Posts
Brandon428 said:
I got it last year and I been with them for 5 years. The CSR said they usually don't but he made an exception. I tried again this year but no go. Politely ask for it if they say no then call back later and ask again,and if they still say no ask them what kind of deal they can offer you.
They gave it to me last year, and I just called again and the guy gave it to me on my first try.

· Icon
542 Posts
miller24 said:
This was being advertised last night during the ASG.

4 Months of FREE Premier with Sunday Ticket

The CSR let me have this deal last year -- Think they'll let me do it again? :)
so tell me if I have this right, If I call and ask for the sunday ticket, all I will pay for for the following 4 months is sunday ticket, the premier package would be free?

· Legend
207 Posts
I canceled Sunday Ticket, but just try this when I get off of work! It would be cheaper for me to pay for Sunday Ticket and have the rest free! See if they will throw in the SF for free while I am at it too!

· Godfather
260 Posts
Cobra said:
so tell me if I have this right, If I call and ask for the sunday ticket, all I will pay for for the following 4 months is sunday ticket, the premier package would be free?
If you are a new subscriber. This is the standard offer they have every year for new Subs. I had the same deal 8 years ago when we signed up.

· Godfather
367 Posts
And from a South Alabama Dealer standpoint it's a non promo. No one wants it, and sales slump every year when they give this useless promo.

· Legend
207 Posts
GP_23 said:
I canceled Sunday Ticket, but just try this when I get off of work! It would be cheaper for me to pay for Sunday Ticket and have the rest free! See if they will throw in the SF for free while I am at it too!
No Dice! That is for someone who never had DirecTV sir, we can give you free SuperFan and $10.00 off for 6 months.

· Mentor
37 Posts
miller24 said:
This was being advertised last night during the ASG.

4 Months of FREE Premier with Sunday Ticket

The CSR let me have this deal last year -- Think they'll let me do it again? :)
Thanks for the info, I signed up with D about 4months ago, the CSR never offered this to me or anything, so I called yesterday was on the phone with D for about an hour the phone operator kept putting me on hold and talking to the billing department, the billing department was insisting that this offer is for "New/Recent" signees and that I wasn't eligible, they went on to say I should have asked for it at the time I signed up.

I explained that at the time I signed up I was a new customer, how would I know to ask for this deal when I signed up? Not to mention the CSR never even mentioned this offer at the time I signed up and we've had the Premier package since we signed up..

I insisted there has to be something that can be done.. finally, she ended up putting it through but warned my Premier monthly charge may still show up and she informed me to call back and they'll credit me..

· Mentor
37 Posts
Justin23 said:
4 months ago that special wasn't going on. You didnt get any kind of discount or credit for being a new customer?

J
I got the $18 off my bill and 3 months of movie channels, but I signed up with premier from the get go so they gave me like $10 worth of credit for 3months for being a new customer.. Other than that, no..

· Godfather
292 Posts
bakerfall said:
For those existing customers that were able to get this, what number did you call?
I called the regular Customer Service Number...1-888-777-2454

To be honest i did not think i would get it, i was so surprised when she said no problem, i forgot to ask if this would effect my $18.00 rebate per month that I got when i signed up...so we will see what happens..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.