DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called to order up an HR20 and wasnt happy with the total prices, looking for your feedback and if theres any way to get a better deal.

HR20 reciever $299-$100MIR = $199
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Choice programing = $39.99 (First 12mo)
Sports Pack = $12.00
DVR Fee = $5.99
HD Fee = $9.99

One time fee of $199 and $67.97/mo.

· Registered
5,747 Posts
1) Keep in mind you will be leasing the box

2)You automatically have a 2 year commitment

3)If you play the "I want to leave my current <insert provider>" they may lower the price even more.

IIRC, your deal is pretty much the standard offer unless you try and wheel and deal.

· Banned
1,614 Posts
I paid $300 for the receiver and $85 for the AT9 dish, I installed it all myself and I don't feel bummed about it one bit.

I could have called DIRECTV and gotten it cheaper but I didin't feel like waiting around all day for a hack pro installer to show up.

· Godfather
440 Posts
amdspitfire said:
Called to order up an HR20 and wasnt happy with the total prices, looking for your feedback and if theres any way to get a better deal.

HR20 reciever $299-$100MIR = $199
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Choice programing = $39.99 (First 12mo)
Sports Pack = $12.00
DVR Fee = $5.99
HD Fee = $9.99

One time fee of $199 and $67.97/mo.
We assume you already have D*. If so, the best deal is whatever you feel comfortable with. I didn't get my unit for free, or for $199.00. It turned out after all concessions etc. to be $56.00 installed w/ 5lnb dish install included.
I being one of the early adapters, had to put up with getting 3 HR20's before I got one that has worked well, and hassling with the cust. serv. reps to get my bill finally straightened out afterward.
Try waiting a few hours and call them back to talk with another rep. Maybe you'll get something quoted to you that you like better.
Just a tip! Take plenty of notes on what ever deal you finally get. And be sure you get the name(s) of the rep you finally make the deal with.

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am currently NOT a D* subscriber. This is all for a new customer and they wouldnt budge as much as I asked them too. I even mentioned that comcast is currently giving me a better offer. Looks like i'll be waiting for a better deal.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,579 Posts
amdspitfire said:
i am currently NOT a D* subscriber. This is all for a new customer and they wouldnt budge as much as I asked them too. I even mentioned that comcast is currently giving me a better offer. Looks like i'll be waiting for a better deal.
"Due to unprecedented demand", this is the deal through February 5, 2007.

Many of the better deals that you might read about here were offered to NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers as well as other "highly valued" customers. In an effort to reduce turnover (churn), they seem to be giving better deals to existing subscribers at the moment.

The problem at the moment is that they don't have much of an inventory of new HR20 receivers, so they aren't particularly motivated to cut deals for equipment that they don't have. If you need HD before the holidays, you may have to go with the H20 or look at a different service provider. Some have reported tentative install dates in 2007.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.