DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently the new customer offer expires in 6 days. I'm still doing my research. Any insight as to what DirecTv may have to offer after the current one expires ?

Perhaps the same one again or none at all.... ?

What if I sign up for the current offer and there are channel additions and/or deletions would I be subjected to those changes ?

Of course I would not oppose to new channels being added :)

Thanks,

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
Channel packages change on the 9th. Channels are never guaranteed, and we know those of us not on ultimate will lose Cloo. We keep Sprout, but subscribers on the new lower packages will not get it. We have been told new hd channels are coming, before the end of march, if they are available in the package you subscribe to, you'd have access to them.

· Legend
177 Posts
:) I recently came back to DTV from Dish. I never had any issues at all with Dish, but I like DTV. I know that DTV has more sports and more premiums movie channels in HD than Dish does, but as far as having the regular channels in HD Dish has them beat and DTV needs to play "catch-up". Let's hope that more HD channels are coming soon to DTV.

· Hall Of Fame
3,914 Posts
jws21 said:
Currently the new customer offer expires in 6 days. I'm still doing my research. Any insight as to what DirecTv may have to offer after the current one expires ?

Perhaps the same one again or none at all.... ?...
I wouldn't be concerned about no offer at all. Since I started thinking about getting DIRECTV years ago, there has always been a new customer offer. Most are very similar in what the overall discount you end up with will be. Some are better than others, but no way to accurately predict that. Other than they always seem to offer free NFL Sunday Ticket, just prior to the season starting.

You can always sign up with the current offer and schedule your install sometime after the current promo ends. Then once the new promo comes out, if you think its better, cancel and sign up again under that promo.

· Mentor
59 Posts
The current offer of getting $31 off for the first year and $16 off for the second year doesn't come around that often in that you are getting a substantial discount for all 24 months. You should jump on it now while you can. The only big reason to wait is if you want a DirecTivo and are not in one of the 10 test markets. The DirecTivo will supposedly be available on February 9.

· RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
Maybe they are going to end the "free HD for life" offer.

Maybe they are going to start pushing their new so-called "Entertainment" package with a low price in huge type.

Who knows what they do from month to month? The only sure thing is that they keep raising their prices and treating long time loyal existing customers like they don't exist.

· Large Member
4,792 Posts
New deal starting Thursday is $24 or $25 (depending on pkg) off for 12 months ($20 off on entertainment pkg) plus another $5 off for $12 months if you give them your email and free HD for 2 years. Free CCK, 4 free "lease upgrades" with 1 HD-DVR and up to 3 HD Receivers or an HR34 upgrade for $99. Not sure if this is 100% accurate but that's what Googling came up with.

· Hall Of Fame
3,914 Posts
mavs-fan said:
The current offer of getting $31 off for the first year and $16 off for the second year doesn't come around that often in that you are getting a substantial discount for all 24 months. You should jump on it now while you can. The only big reason to wait is if you want a DirecTivo and are not in one of the 10 test markets. The DirecTivo will supposedly be available on February 9.
That is a better offer then most. And I just received a DIRECTV insert in today's newspaper that says you to lock in your price for 2 years if you sign up in the next 4 days. That's the best I have ever seen.

· Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate all the information from everyone.

I placed my order online today. I had to schedule my install via phone.

Apparently when you view the install schedule online but do not choose an install date, the next time you sign in and view the schedule it will default to the next month... then the next... then the next. I was up to April.... and a big wtf moment :lol:

Anyhow, install is scheduled for this coming Thursday hopefully all goes well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.