DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading this board for a few weeks trying to sponge up everything I can about dish, since for the past 8 years or so I've been a customer of cable. I wanted more HD channels and the dishpro hd package looked very attractive :)

We're moving into a new home and I'm working on getting the wiring laid out correctly, have most of it done but was just curious if I need to pick up any extra equipment for my scenario:

I have run rg6 throughout the home indicated on my diagram below (marked in orange), and was wondering if I need to get any extra splitters or amplifiers etc? I'm assuming they will be providing the DPP-44 along with my Dish1000 (not sure if it's a .2 or a + unfortunately), and all of my rg6 cable is tied up to a rafter in the attic above my home run area ready for the DPP-44 / splitter / whatever.

Thanks!

Attachments

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
You cannot use splitters with Dish Network equipment. You can use one line to dual tuner receiver and feed both tuners using a DPP Separator (which usually comes with the dual tuner receiver). In your diagram, that would be the 722 receiver.

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
More than likely, you will be getting a 1000.2 dish, which has outputs to support 3 single- or dual-tuner receivers. You won't get a switch beyond the one inside the 1000.2 LNB pack. 3 lines will run from the dish into your media closet, with one line going to each receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.