DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was poking around the DirecTV web site this morning and ran across a new promotion that looks pretty good!

Valid until 8/12/08, you can get Starz and Showtime for $12/month for 3 months if you currently don't subscribe to either one. At the end of the 3 months, both continue at their regular price, but you can cancel both of them also with no penalty or extra charges according to the terms and conditions.

That's a pretty good deal for the price of 3 gallons of gas per month!! ;)

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brian Hanasky said:
I took advantage of this deal a couple of days ago. I figure I'll keep it until the end of August or so and then cancel. Once the fall TV season kicks off I won't have that much time for movies but right now it's works out well.
Yes, and knowing the premium channels like I do, the movies you record on DVR from them will probably be all they show for another 3 months!! ;)

·
Godfather
497 Posts
Humm, that IS a good deal. Think I will do it too. Hope the fall season does happen and there is no actors strike. Still waiting for 24 to resume in Jan 09 if not sooner.

·
Godfather
497 Posts
Brian Hanasky said:
Yea good point about the actor strike. I don't want to sit through another strike. :nono2:
Sunday/Monday evenings during either a race or Skins game, I will tape any of the shows we watch.

Going off topic here, but what is THAT advatar change you have done :lol:

·
Godfather
432 Posts
Looks like a great deal. I have to think for a day or 2 before adding it since 1st payment of ST just appeared on bill.

Another $12.00 and the wife would...well nevermind. Man $12.00. That's almost 4 gallons of gas.

·
Icon
981 Posts
you guys are getting off easy here in california i pay $4.45 a gallon and thats at ARCO gas stations the cheapest ive seen most of the other gas station are around $4.49 to $ 4.59 a gallon for gas. as for the preminum movie deal it sounds tempting but i personally dont care much for showtime, I wish they would so starz and HBO for $14.00 a month then i would do that for sure.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
UTVLamented said:
OP, can you give the url of the the Directv site that states this offer?
Go sign into your account on the directv.com website. After you sign in you'll see "My Setup on the top menu bar. The drop down will have "Add Premium" as one of the options. Once you click that you should see it as the first offer.

·
Godfather
497 Posts
Brian Hanasky said:
Previous one was bad pic of me racing online...this is much better. Plus never know we could be on the same team next year is Tony decides to forgoe ownership and jump to HMS.
Ya mean you cannot find a photo of Smoke! Tell me it ain't so. I like Jr, but putting his photo in your avatar over Smoke just ain't right (in Jr twang :grin: ). It just ain't right.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
Brian Hanasky said:
Plus never know we could be on the same team next year is Tony decides to forgoe ownership and jump to HMS.
Oh please don't let that happen... The 3 drivers at Hendrick are my 3 most hated drivers. I also can't see Tony driving for a convicted felon. :(

ok, now...

:backtotop

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sirshagg said:
Darn! I've already got both these for regular price. :(
Cheer up! How do you think the PREMIUM channel subs felt a weekend or two back when it was free to all for 3 days? ;)

·
Godfather
497 Posts
ThomasM said:
Cheer up! How do you think the PREMIUM channel subs felt a weekend or two back when it was free to all for 3 days? ;)
Oh I felt the same way back in 99 when I first got Directv installed, paying not only full price for four receivers, and full price for installation by an independent installer (cost was about $800.00 then). No freebies on the premium channels either. So when I see posts about how they complain when they can't get an more discounts, I can't feel sorry because they didn't pay the upfront costs I and others did.

I decided when I came back I wasn't going to get the premium movies unless they were offered on special deals. We have a large library of DVDs. But this deal was ok for the summer.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.