DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a visit from my Direct TV Service Technician because I was having a problem with one of my older HD receivers. I asked him about the new HR34
He said when they went for their training film on it that the film displayed that it would be wireless however they changed their mind. He also said that the HR44 is now in testing and is wireless but he did not know when it would be ready for subscribers. Does anyone have any information about this?

Thanks

· Problem Solver
1,846 Posts
dododo said:
I just had a visit from my Direct TV Service Technician because I was having a problem with one of my older HD receivers. I asked him about the new HR34
He said when they went for their training film on it that the film displayed that it would be wireless however they changed their mind. He also said that the HR44 is now in testing and is wireless but he did not know when it would be ready for subscribers. Does anyone have any information about this?

Thanks
He's blowing smoke. The Home Services/HSP training is the last to hear about new products. If/when a new HMC DVR is in development, it should appear in the software stream.

· Large Member
4,792 Posts
dpeters11 said:
Question would be wireless what? Wireless HDMI, wireless to the DECA cloud? He probably is blowing smoke, but would be interesting.
Wireless remote. :lol:

· Hall Of Fame
3,317 Posts
Wireless from the satellites to your dish.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
dpeters11 said:
Question would be wireless what? Wireless HDMI, wireless to the DECA cloud? He probably is blowing smoke, but would be interesting.
There was a "dog and pony show" in Denver that had many coming away with the HR34 having a wireless option, which it doesn't as we know.
The CCK has a wireless access point mode, which may have been part of the dog & pony show, as U-verse is adding a wireless receiver to their model lineup.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
kevinturcotte said:
I don't get why you'd want wireless at this point. The coax cable for DECA is right there anyway, and it's much faster and more reliable than wireless.
While I wouldn't want/use it either, the U-verse ad is promoting how you can "change the furniture around" without having to deal with the cabling.

· Legend
143 Posts
veryoldschool said:
While I wouldn't want/use it either, the U-verse ad is promoting how you can "change the furniture around" without having to deal with the cabling.
They also say this under one of the asterisks: "Wireless video performance subject to interference and environmental factors."

Sounds like fun. :nono2:

· Godfather
433 Posts
I try to avoid wireless like the plague. Unfortunately now that we are on the road full time I am forced to use wireless on the computer(s). Never as good as a wire in any way shape or form.

I do like the one wire RG6 on the DTV boxes a lot. The DirecTiVos needed three wires.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.