DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm a Longtime Lurker, First Time Poster :) You guys seem really informed, so I've bookmarked this site as a reference. But yeah, here's my deal, I had Dish Network from 1998-2003 in Texas, then I moved to NYC and had Cablevision:nono2: Now, I've been in Phoenix for 5 years with Cox Cable, which has been descent, but they really lack in HD programming choices. So I ordered DirecTV online, I've got the installer dude coming on Monday with an "HMC HD DVR" which I've learned from you guys is called an "HR34". I've ordered the Premier Pack and the $5 Protection Plan.

ANYWAY, I just have one TV (46" Samsung LCD) so it should be an easy install. I guess my only question to you guys is this, Where do they plug the SWM LNB power cord in at?? I'm in an apartment, so do they run the power cord in with the coax cable? or do they try to find an exterior outlet somewhere??

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to Talking DBS with you!

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
best bet is to have a surge protector on one of the plugs behind the tv to plug your tv/box/av stuff into and leave the other wall outlet for the PI they need to install
sat > coax(to SWiM) > pi(to wall outlet) > coax(to IRD) > HR34

·
Mentor
46 Posts
Welcome to dbstalk!
The power inserter should work just fine at your TV. If it is a long run to your dish, then it is possible it may need to be located closer to the dish. The power inserter has two ports on it. One goes to the LNB and one goes to the receiver.

·
AllStar
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Replies, Yeah my neighbors have their dishes on the roof, but none of them have a SWM LNB. But it looks to be about a 10 foot run from the IRD, so If that's close enough, I'll just reserve a spot in the wall outlet for it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.