DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that on most of the national cable stations (i.e. TNN, Comedy Central, etc.) I'm receiving all programming on EDT (iow, 3 hours early. I'm on the west coast).

I'm not complaining actually...Watching South Park at 7pm on Sundays is kinda fun. I just want to know if this is normal operation or not? If it is, I certainly wasn't expecting it and it would have been nice if someone had let me know that would happen.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,660 Posts
All channels whith just one feed are Eastern timezone feeds, some of the premium movie channels, plus Disney and Nich/Nich at Night have both East and West feeds.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris:
Instead of waiting until their brand new customer discovers that his favorite show is now on while he's at work instead of 8pm, I would think that they might mention this particular little tidbit of information wouldn't you?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,660 Posts
Yes I guess you are wright, I live in TN in the Eastern timezone so it does not effect us much in the Eastern and Central timezones. To be fare, most of those single timezone channels on satellite are not even available in more then one version, however most of those channels repeat their shows every 4 hours or so to make up for not haveing a duel feed.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Most of the Discovery Channels repeat their primetime programming at midnight EST, which would be 9 for folks in the west.

BTW- Exick, Welcome to DBSTalk :wave:

·
Godfather/Supporter
444 Posts
SoapNet is an exception to the East Coast rule. Both DirecTV and Dish Network carry the Pacific feed instead of the Eastern feed.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,660 Posts
Originally posted by Maniacal1
SoapNet is an exception to the East Coast rule. Both DirecTV and Dish Network carry the Pacific feed instead of the Eastern feed.
Really, I did not realize this, but I never watch Soapnet so I guess I wouldn't. I guess I learned something new today.:hi:

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
I forgot all about that, thanks Maniacal. Although that channel doesnt see a lot of male viewship.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
If you have the option of installing a PVR (D*Tivo or UTV) you can have it record automatically and watch it when you are home at your convenience. We get our two hours early and it can be a pain at times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts