DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AllStar
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I waited around for 4 hours today - nice installer shows up - but 1 big problem. No multi switch. Go figure.

So they corrected the work order and now I am scheduled for an install December 1st! Unbelievable.

I got my HD DVR through CC so it has been hooked up - but I would like the new dish for HD locals.

Seems like basic stuff to include a multiswitch with a new dish installation.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Why does it seem like basic stuff to include a multiswitch with a new dish installation ?

The AT9 dish has a 4 output multiswitch build right into it. That was all I needed.

Did the installer hook up the new dish and he'll be back in December to hook up the multiswitch so you can get all your systems up and running ?

·
AllStar
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope - that would have killed my 2 other TVs. I guess I assumed since I asked for it - they would include one.

I get the HD channels in the 70s as I have a Triple LNB right now - but was looking forward to getting the locals as well as that is mostly what I record from.

So now I wait until the 1st do get it set up... Bummer - but I'm glad I went through CC to get the DVR - as it seems getting one directly through D doesn't always work out so well.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
I bought my HR20 at CircuitCity.

I bought the AT9 dish online for $83.

I didn't want to wait a few weeks to take a day off work and wait around for the free installer to show up. I installed everything myself in my spare time.

·
Legend
130 Posts
glennb said:
I bought my HR20 at CircuitCity.

I bought the AT9 dish online for $83.

I didn't want to wait a few weeks to take a day off work and wait around for the free installer to show up. I installed everything myself in my spare time.
This guy has the right idea I have been a DTV customer since 97 have had over 6 receivers and 3 dishes and never have had an installer come to my house.

·
AllStar
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is also my first time dealing with a D installer. I generally buy all my stuff through CC and set up the dish myself.

But I didn't want to deal with this new dish as I've heard it is more complicted, and I have a lot less free time then I sued to.

I just went to D's website and was able to move my appointment up to this Saturday. That slot wasn't available yesterday. So that is cool.

To date my HR20 is working well (keep my fingers crossed here and knock on wood!). We'll see if the new HD locals throw a wrench into things.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
I guess I just can't see the point of waiting around for who knows how long one day for someone else to come and do the same thing I can do myself on my own time schedule. I'm not saying everyone should do their own dish installations. I'm comfortable doing my own dish installs. With the AT9 I figured if worse came to worse I'd have to call out a local installer to peak the dish for me. It turned out I did just fine on my own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.