DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Need some help please. I'm getting the Dish HD Platinum package with 1)vip622 & 1) dvr625 for a 4 tv install Saturday. I now have 1 )rg6 coax from TWC to each room. Should I run new rg6 swept to 3 ghz from Home Depot? And if so, will 1 run suffice, or are 2 coax runs needed to the receiver locations?

Any input appreciated
Aaron

·
AllStar
71 Posts
aaronc said:
Hello all. Need some help please. I'm getting the Dish HD Platinum package with 1)vip622 & 1) dvr625 for a 4 tv install Saturday. I now have 1 )rg6 coax from TWC to each room. Should I run new rg6 swept to 3 ghz from Home Depot? And if so, will 1 run suffice, or are 2 coax runs needed to the receiver locations?

Any input appreciated
Aaron
with the right kind of diplexors and a good installer there should be no problem using one rg6 wire unless you have a off-air ant you want to hook up for the tv that has the 622. I hope they explained to you that the 622 is hd to one tv standard def to tv #2 or the backfeed to the second location. your #1 concern is to make sure the you have land based phones where the recievers are located. regional service providers do have remote phone jacks. hopfully they won't charge you much for them if you go that route. 38.00 for the phonex and 17.00 for the extension. that is there cost. good luck and i hope you get a good installer

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sat tech, Thanks for the reply. My current rg6 is "brightwire" by Commscope. I saw a thread that this was only good for 1ghz. So should I pull new runs for dbs higher frequencies?

Thanks

·
Legend
212 Posts
aaronc said:
My current rg6 is "brightwire" by Commscope. I saw a thread that this was only good for 1ghz. So should I pull new runs for dbs higher frequencies?

Thanks
That wouldn't be a bad idea. While the Commscope cable may do perfectly fine, time would tell. In all honesty and likelihood, the installer would probably use it anyway.

But since you are offering to do it, (and assuming you are up to the task) it probably would increase the reliability of your system by having 3 Ghz cable.

Since the installer will probably use DPP equipment, you should only need to run one cable to the rooms where the receivers will be. If you run it alongside the old cable, the Commscope cable can be used for the 'backruns' to the TV-2 rooms. That way you don't need to use diplexers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.