DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gives me all the locals in 2, one non-hd, one hd. How do i get rid of the non-hd channels so they dont show up? Aslo, will i have to redo all my season pass'es [sp]? I know last night it was recording form the non-hd channels for lost etc. Thanks for the info.

·
Legend
239 Posts
You need to set up your favorites list and turn off your non HD locals. That way the guide will only show your HD locals. At this points there is no way to totally remove the channels from the HR20, but D* is working on the 'channels you receive' feature that will allow this.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
f300v10 said:
At this points there is no way to totally remove the channels from the HR20, but D* is working on the 'channels you receive' feature that will allow this.
Channels you receive will not be customizeable.
It will auto-detect what ever channels you receive based on your packaging.

It will NOT be like the TiVo one where you can go in an manually deselect channels. That is what your favorite lists are for.

·
Legend
176 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

It will NOT be like the TiVo one where you can go in an manually deselect channels. That is what your favorite lists are for.
If that works it will be great. I hated having to scroll through and manually select the channels that I subscribed to.

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Earl,

Any idea when "Channels you receive" will be available? And until then, do you know of a workaround? Currently, on my keyword autorecords, it is picking up shows on NBCW and CBSE, neither of which I get. Any way to avoid that until CYR is active?

·
Legend
239 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

Thanks for the clarification Earl. I have always used favorites anyway.

I do have one issue that may have been brought up before though. When doing a search for a network show, both the HD local and the SD local match, and there is no easy way to tell which channel is the HD version, the only label is like 'WXAL' for both channels. D* needs to add some indication for the HD version of the channel, otherwise it is easy to record the wrong version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.