DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at switching back to DTV for a third time (moving from FIOS love the uncompressed better images hate the Frontier pricing).

Anyways I have a pile of old boxes a R22 (they didn't have on record that they had given me) and a couple of ancient R10's my house was one of the first to get a single wire SWM. However it looks like when I sign up I will get all the boxes needed for free (except the HR34 at $99.00)

Long story longer is there any advantage to using the old R22 or well what do I do with it can it be sold reused etc??? Can I save any money by re-using??

· AllStar
170 Posts
If your getting a unit that is SD receiver you can put the R22 in place of that unit and get DVR and HD till it dies. R22's are considered a SDDVR in D* systems if it ever fails you will get a R16 in return for it unless you get lucky and they have a working R22 on the dock that day. But over all no real benefit to reusing old equipment with a reconnected account. As for what to do with it. any that is considered owned you can sell or keep and use a travel unit(s) just activate them while on the road. Any that are leased. if your not going to use em recycle them.
And welcome back.

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
I would seriously consider the HR34 at $99. It's their top box and the only one that's guaranteed. To get Whole Home DVR you need a minimum of one HD DVR and one HD receiver. The R22 will work with whole home as a second DVR.

Frontier is pricing themselves out of TV on purpose.

· Registered
24,401 Posts
How many TVs do you have? Whats are you after at each tv? I would get all new all HD equipment myself.

And what do you have now, in total of tv and dvrs etc? What did you have when you where last with Directv? I ask these so I can suggest what you can do that might be as good or better than what you had before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.